“Very friendly staff and excellent links to the city” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Koeln City West

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Park Inn by Radisson Koeln City West
Ranked #40 of 262 Hotels in Cologne
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Very friendly staff and excellent links to the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights. The staff were really nice and helpful. We had a corner room with lovely views of the park opposite. It is very well located. The tram station is 5 min down the road and for 3 euros, it takes you into town in 10 to 15 minutes.
The room is spacious and comfortable. The bathroom is quite bis as well. The decor might be a bit tired but it is a nice looking hotel.
We had lunch at the hotel restaurant. It was quite pricey. We could not wait to find a restaurant nearby. If you stay here, walk up a couple of roads and you'll find a lovely neighbourhood with lots of nice cafes and restaurants. We went to the Lild and bought water and extras. The mini bar is pricey too, but it is expected anyway.
we had a lovely time at Park Inn. The park opposite was amazing, pay it a visit.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkInnTeam, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Koeln City West, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor- User,

Many thanks for your kind words regarding our hotel and for your further recommendation.
It is always the comments of our guests which assist our thoughts and actions when reviewing the various service components of our hotel.

Your Park Inn Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here from 16th August-18th August 2013 with my husband and 16 year old child. Check in was available from 2pm but we were looking around the city and never checked in until 6pm. Despite this, they still hadn't set up the room for the 3 of us. I asked where the extra bed was for my daughter and was informed that I would have to pay an extra 22.50 euros per night for it. I argued the fact that I booked via late rooms.com which stated my room was suitable for 2 adults and 1 child up to the age of 17 and a roller bed would be provided for the child. The staff informed me that the child can be up to the age of 17 but can only stay in the room for no extra charge if she slept in the same bed as my husband and I. At 16 years old this was not happening! After a little battle they offered me the roller bed at half price and when I still refused they gave it to me for free. The room was okish although we did find a silverfish in the bed, the mattress on the roller bed was stained and the linen felt damp.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and the gym and sauna on the top floor are good. If you chose to park overnight, make sure you remind them that in the information book in your room it states that parking is 13 euros per night otherwise they will try and charge you 16.50 per night. When I pointed it out he said "Oh as you've noticed it in the information book, I have to give it to you at a cheaper price". They are clearly aware of there error but will try to charge you extra!

Breakfast is 19.50 euros per person, a total rip off if you ask me so we ate out instead. Food and snacks are extremely expensive here. I'd say this hotel is definitely more aimed towards the business sector rather than families. You'll find lots of information in the lobby about local attractions, especially cards for escorts (If that's your thing lol). You also have to pay for Wi-Fi so don't log into their cloud Wi-Fi or they will bill your room. No tea or coffee making facilities in the room, another ploy to gain more money out of you.

Access to anywhere in the city is available by tram, there's a tram stop a 5 minute walk from the hotel and it's pretty easy to use. You can buy a ticket for up to 5 people to cover the whole of Cologne, 11.50 euros per day (cheaper than buying individual day tickets). To be honest we didn't buy any tickets on the 2nd day, no one ever checks them!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tripadvisor User,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
It is always the comments of our guests which help us to review the various service components of our hotel and to adapt our actions and way of thinking to meet the changing general conditions should the need to do so arise. We already talked to laterooms.com. Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel product and team.

We look forward to welcoming you back here soon.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here for five nights during a recent business trip. Check-in was easy and the hotel staff are friendly/knowledgeable enough and can give good information about transportation, sight-seeing and directions.

I requested a quiet room and was given a room near the end of the hallway that faced the back.
One thing I did not like is that they only had one duvet for the bed and no top sheet! It was rather warm during our visit and even with the A/C on (which did not get that cold) I was too hot. I would have preferred a top sheet so I could have just slept with a sheet and not a thick duvet to sweat under every night.

My other complaint is that the breakfast was pretty expensive, although it was a good spread. They also charged daily for a Wi-Fi usage which I felt was also too much. They didn't even offer free Internet in the business lounge like a lot of places do. However, overall I had a good experience with the hotel and the staff and rather enjoyed my stay there.

The location is close to the Universität tram stop and from there you can go anywhere with the U-Bahn. It is walking distance (~10 mins) to Rudolfplatz, which is a nice area with plenty of food options and a lot of outdoor dining during the warm weather months. Even closer is the understated area of Brüsseler Platz, which is where all the young hipsters hang out and drink and smoke in front of this church every night. But there are some nice restaurants too in the vicinity and the place is crazy packed with a real local scene every Friday and Saturday night!

Köln is more noteworthy for its diverse neighborhoods and local bar scene than it is for a real tourist destination. That said, I recommend you visit the Dom, walk across the "Love Locks" bridge (Hohenzollern Bridge) to the Triangle Tower for a great panorama of the city (wait til the sun sets).

I would also visit the Old Town area (Altstadt) where you can see the most beautiful of the 12 Roman churches (Gross St. Martin). The area leads into the homogeneous chain store mall area of Hohe Strasseand. It might be good for people watching more than anything else.

I also suggest you check out the wonderful park that is Volksgarten for a nice stroll. When we went the biergarten by the lake was totally packed! There they were serving a seasonal rhubarb weiss during our stay. Many locals take to the park during the nice weather to barbecue, take sun, play Frisbee, soccer, ride bikes and just hang out.

I also really liked the Chocolate Museum (Schokoladenmuseum) along the river. Across the street there is the Mustard Museum too, which you only really need to stop in for to sample some of the different mustards with a nice beef sausage.

Hope this was helpful and enjoy your visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ParkInnTeam, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Koeln City West, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor User,

Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson Cologne City West and your kind words regarding our team and hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back here soon.
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here for three nights on a business trip and it was very good. Check in was very good as we arrived well before check in time and had requested 'early check in' having travelled overnight. They were apologetic but the room was ready within the time frame they gave us as we checked in - THANK YOU.
The room was good but I couldn't understand why I had a single duvet for a king size bed all be it that it was single occupancy, however, everything was very clean, the room service excellent and everyything worked.
The bar area and dining facilities were very good with staff that were polite and helpful. Prices were quite good which I found surprising for the location and standard - WELL DONE.
The food was plentiful and the portions to my liking, try the 'Snacks' on the bar menu, they do fill you up.
Breakfast was buffet style but well managed and freshly done eggs to the customers requirements, not sat under a hot lamp drying out. All the food was of great quality and the price was excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkInnTeam, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Koeln City West, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor User,
Many thanks for your kind words regarding our hotel and our team. We are happy to share your praise with all our colleagues.
It is always the comments of our guests which assist our thoughts and actions.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We arrived to the hotel by car and it's quite easy to find, just next to the tram line into the city centre, and straight off the motorway. The hotel was lovely and modern with a very nice reception and bar area. Check in was efficient though not overly friendly. Our bedroom wasn't huge but nor was it tiny, and it's very similar to other Park Inns so you know what you are getting. The bar was very nice with well priced drinks, I thought they were quite cheap for hotel prices, which was a nice surprise. Although I ordered a campari and soda and rather than admit he had no campari, the waiter brought me an aperol and flat water...very strange!! I think he thought I wouldn't notice!! He was a bit embarrassed when I said it to him but sorted me out with another drink immediately.

The breakfast was great on our first day - there was an amazing range of items and it was one of the best selections I've seen in a while (and I stay in a lot of hotels!). However on the second day it was a public holiday in Cologne so the restaurant was full and unfortunately the place looked as though a plague of locusts had decended. The staff were not good at keeping things replenished and they struggled to clear tables etc.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to other travellers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor User,

Many thanks for your kind words regarding our hotel and your decision to recommend us.
It is always the comments of our guests which assist us when reviewing the various service components of our hotel.

Eschenbach, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked this hotel receiving a great deal off of booking.com for three nights. My husband and I stayed here and it was absolutely wonderful. We arrived at the hotel late and the staff was really helpful checking us in. Very pleasant sociable people! We arrived to our room on the third floor with a nice view and very clean. We ate in the bar lounge, and used it for drinks almost nightly, great food and drinks! We walked to the Cathedral took us about 15-20 minutes. This hotel also isn't too far from Phantsialand as we drove there it took about 15-20 minutes also. The only negative comment I have about this hotel is there parking and wifi fees. My husband and I didn't eat the breakfast here either because it was too pricey we found a wonderful breakfast buffet in town in walking distance from the hotel called Alex's. 7.50 Euro per person, much more reasonable. Overall the hotel is great if you do not plan to use wifi, or park in front and eat breakfast there I recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ParkInnTeam, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Koeln City West, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Hillary,

Many thanks for your kind words regarding our hotel.
Your praise, we are happy to share with the entire team.

Raasepori, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel was very clean and nice. A average hotel. Staff was very firendly but we had some smal suprices, the WLAN was not free like it sad on the hotel homepage, breakfast was 20€/pers/day and we had to make a 60€ pay-tv and mini-bar deposit.
Otherwise the stay was very plesant and nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor User,
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson Cologne City West and your kind words regarding our hotel and our team.
We wish to thank you for pointing out the item of the Internet. We do not wish to let this go uncommented.
At the moment we have a special promotion on our webside. "Book on the side to get 1h Internet for free per night."
Our Superior rooms offer luxurious facilities and many included services. Enjoy flat screen TV with free pay-TV and video-on-demand, telephone and free WiFi, complimentary mini bar and snack items and a TASSIMO hot bevage system to prepare coffee, tea and chocolate beverages on the go.
Hoping to welcome you again soon.