I've stayed in my fair share of hotels in Europe. Going on 30 I'd say. I've seen it all: 5-star hotels that look more like 2-star ones, 2-star hotels that could pass as 4-star, and underpriced gems that but the overpriced hacks to shame! Thankfully, the Hilton in Cologne is one of the best.
The service I received was mixed, although I put this down to the language barrier: I never received rude service, but sometimes you request can get lost in translation and this led to a few raised eyebrows. For the most part, the staff were informative and kind.
The room was spacious and clean: nothing spectacular, but nice enough. About what you'd expect in a Hilton hotel.
There was nothing I could really fault with the room: the shower and bathroom were great, the air-con worked fine, the bed was comfy, and the TV was big.
However, I had constant issues with the wifi, and being in Cologne for work, this made life difficult for me at times. One day I had to go downstair four times to receive a new login, and I felt as though I was annoying the staff. I'm sure they were just frustrated at the situation, though!
Each morning the breakfast was filled with all types of different food, including a chef on hand to cook your eggs as you like.
It's in a wonderful part of the city, right next to the main cathedral. You could stay here and never have to catch public transport anywhere.
It might come on a bit of the pricey side but I think it's worth it: the hotel is clean, safe and big.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown Cologne, the Hilton Cologne hotel is ideally located for the Cologne business district and for some of the city’s most popular tourist attractions. Boasting contemporary style in a istoric setting this Old Town hotel allows guests to make the most of their stay in the city.Stay connected to friends, colleagues and the wider world through the business center and WiFi access. After a busy day in Cologne you can find an escape in the fully equipped fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Cologne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cologne Hotel Cologne
- Hilton International Cologne
- Cologne Hilton International