Got off to a bad start at 2:30pm as my room wasn't ready, they estimated 3 or 3:30 so left my luggage and came back at 3pm (the check-in time).
Room was not ready until after 4pm, this was annoying as it messed up my evening plans.
The corridor and room smelt somewhat stale, with noticeable dirt and fluff around.
The decor and furnishings in the room had a cheap look and feel, certainly not high-end, in fact I've stayed in several UK Premier Inns that were nicer.
The room was smaller than expected and the layout was poorly designed, there was nowhere to place an open suitcase without tripping over it or blocking a door.
There was also a poor finish to my stay as they tried to sting me with a minibar charge, although this was quickly dismissed it left a bad taste.
This was the least impressive hotel of the 8 I stayed in on this trip.
Only good point I can think of is the location - only 5 mins from the main train station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of downtown Cologne, the Hilton Cologne hotel is ideally located for the Cologne business district and for some of the city’s most popular tourist attractions. Boasting contemporary style in a istoric setting this Old Town hotel allows guests to make the most of their stay in the city.Stay connected to friends, colleagues and the wider world through the business center and WiFi access. After a busy day in Cologne you can find an escape in the fully equipped fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Cologne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cologne Hotel Cologne
- Hilton International Cologne
- Cologne Hilton International