“ideal location , good service , better than average room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Cologne

Hilton Cologne
Ranked #28 of 262 Hotels in Cologne
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“ideal location , good service , better than average room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

enjoyed the stay at the Hilton , the room , service and facilities were perfect , and it probably has one of the best fitness centers i have used in a hotel so far.
the only down side was the additional costs ie : access to the wireless network for 24 hours was 20 euros.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Supervisor at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear DomFromTheDam,

For your kind comment on Tripadvisor I would like to thank you very much.

As I can read you had been very happy with your time in our Hilton Cologne. Your fantastic feedback regarding our Fitness centre is absolutely welcome. That you also enjoyed our service and the room is great.

Concerning the wifi I would like to inform you that we offer free internet connection in our Lobby Caffé & Bar. I am very sorry that we did not inform you during your stay.

Dear DomFromTheDam, we will be very much looking forward of welcoming you back in the future.

Guest Relations Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lelystad, Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night passing trough. Everything you should expect from à Hilton. Pleasant staff at check-in. Very nice rooms, small but clean and modern bathroom, good beds. We booked two rooms, my husband is HH Gold so you get free Wifi, but only in one room. That is dissapointing.
Easy access to underground car parking.
Very close the Domkirche and all the restaurants, shops and Brauhauses.
Most amazing feature? Finally, finally à hotel that does not turn up the heat everywhere. Pleasant temperatures all around.
Will most certainly return whenever in Cologne.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Supervisor at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Lilylady50,

Wirth great pleasure I read that you were totally satisfied with your stay and we thank you and your husband for your loyalty to our Hilton Hotels.

We are happy that you enjoyed your room and the easy access to the car parking.

I will keep my colleagues informed about your great comment concerning our Front Desk Staff. Thank you!

Furthermore it is really nice you were happy regarding the temperature in the hotel.

We are always looking forward of welcoming you back in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Mediocre overall. Disappointing service with cold woman checking me in upon arrival. Room was dark and figured out next day a bulb was out. Told front desk at check out. Good location near the train station which was convenient. Bar staff was pleasant..

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear FamTravChp,

we would like to thank you for your review.

Due to your not satisfied stay I apologize most sincerely for the bad experience.

The points you have described do not meet our service and I feel deeply sorry for that.

I also would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding our location and the Bar Staff.
I will forward it to the responsible departments.

We hope to welcome you again to our Hilton Cologne.

Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Came to stay for one night and do a site inspection on Monday 25 Feb, 2013. Had an excellent experience. The hotel is in a fantastic city centre location - 2 minutes walk from the central railway station. This is especially good as the train runs to the airport in 12 minutes (with trains departing every 25-20 minutes or so). You do not need to get a taxi to the city.

The hotel was very elegant and stylish but also quite warm and welcoming. Excellent bar area overlooking the reception - where the staff were very friendly and welcoming.

The bedroom I was in was very spacious with a nice high ceiling. A 42" plasma TV showing a wide range of channels inc BBC1, BBC2 and all the ITV channels. I wish all hotel had this!! The bathroom was excellent - combined bath/shower was my only gripe although at least it had a glass shower curtain and not the material type - which I hate!!

Breakfast was excellent with a wide range of buffet items and also a live cooking option for omlettes etc.

All in all a very good hotel, with nice staff and a great location. Recommended!!

Room Tip: Take the train rather than taxi to the hotel from the airport - much quicker and only costs €5.00
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Supervisor at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear neiltomo,

Your gorgeous review was wonderful to read. We kindly thank you for your time and your open words.

That you enjoyed our location and our style is nice to read.
We also loved reading that you liked our room especially the TV and the TV channels.

All guest comments are most welcome and are carefully read as they help us in pinpointing strengths and weaknesses in the hospitality we offer.

Your positive comment regarding our breakfast and hotel staff will be forwarded to the responsible departments. Thank you!

For the one gripe we would like to apologize that we could not deliver your expectations.

We are really much looking forward of always welcoming you back in our Hilton Cologne.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had a wonderful stay here during carnival! We booked here through booking.com, and got lucky with a great rate for a 5 star hotel. The location was perfect, just a few minutes from the train station and the cathedral. The hotel staff was very friendly. The hotel was super, clean, and had great facilities. We made use of the sauna and fitness room, which was well equipped. It was so nice to relax in the sauna!

It was also perfect for traveling with a 13 month old, who needed a crib. They provided a great clean wooden one. Most hotel cribs looks "worn", so we were happy to see theirs was very nice. You'll need to request a sheets as I've read they aren't provided by default. Also, the provided mattress/board is hard. We happened to be traveling with our fold up mattress (http://www.amazon.de/dp/B002DYIT2C) so it wasn't a problem. I'd ask the hotel if they can provide an extra mattress if your child needs a softer mattress to sleep on.

As others noted, the breakfast and wi-fi are expensive. But they have free wi-fi in the lobby and bar area. And you can get your coffee, bakes goods and sandwich at a Kamps towards the cathedral.

We loved our stay, and it was a perfect place to celebrate carnival. We hope to come back (maybe for another carnival), and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear jennylee781,

Thank you very much for your amazing feedback, we really much enjoyed reading it and are happy that you felt welcome during your stay.

Furthermore we thank you for your excellent statement concerning the crib. We always try our best to provider our guests a most comfortable time.

It is wonderful to read that you will come back in the future and we hope that you will enjoy the next trip as well.

Dear jennylee781, we are already looking forward welcoming you back to Cologne.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am a regular visitor to Cologne and am still trying to find a decent hotel at a sensible price. The Hilton is one of the better ones I have stayed in but I do have serious issues:
Good points: quiet location, comfortable beds, clean and well presented.
Bad points: small room, front desk service poor, guest service poor and the works schedule innappropriate.
My main concern is that although the hotel was far from full I was put in a room that was subject to hours of drilling on the outside wall from at least 4pm to after 7pm. This was noisy enough to not allow the TV to be heard on max volume or of course to get any rest (which was what I needed after busy business days). When I raised this by phone they could not be less interested. I was just told that it would be finished the by the night time. I also struggled with the aircon in the room, when on it was like sleeping with a jet engine running in the room, so I turned it off at night but then the room got very cold. Why hotels think that systems as noisy as this are acceptable is beyond me.
I would also caution anyone booking this hotel via consolidators such as Travelrepublic that you may like me get stuck in a small pokey room in a bad location. I saw some of the other rooms on my floor when passing while being cleaned and they were much nicer.
So the lesson from this experience is that my search for a decent hotel in Koln continues, I wont be going back to the Hilton, which is a shame because much is good about the hotel but some important things are very much not.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Supervisor at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear merton-101,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to keep us informed about your stay.

I would like to take the opportunity to apologize for your bad experiences in our hotel during your stay.

That the air condition was not working properly is of course not acceptable.

Furthermore I apologize for the drilling on the outside wall which was very loud in your room.

I would like to inform you that our guests always receive the booked category. Upon request during the check in we will always be glad to offer other categories for an additional charge.

In addition I am delighted to brief you that we are renewing our air condition system in the hotel at this time, to offer our guests a much more comfortable stay.

Thank you as well for your positive comment regarding our location and beds.

We would be happy to welcome you again, to convince you of a better service.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

In June 2012, we have stayed at the Hilton Cologne hotel for a weekend of business.

From the moment we walked in, we were stunned by the design of the building. Only a few meters away from the Cologne Dom Tower and we were able to walk to the city centre in approx. 10 min.

The Hilton staff was extremely friendly and professional. They understand their job well and are willing to help you at any time of the day.

The rooms are spacious, clean and equipped with all luxuries you might wish.

All and all, a great place to relax when you're having hectic days

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Mark R.,

It is a great pleasure for us to read that you have enjoyed your business weekend in our Hilton Cologne very much.

We would like to thank you for all amazing comments and your positive evidence about our Hotel Staff. I will keep all my colleagues informed about your nice feedback.

On the basis of all excellent statements we hope to welcome you back in the future.