“What you would expect from Hilton”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Cologne

Hilton Cologne
Ranked #27 of 262 Hotels in Cologne
Chesapeake, Virginia
“What you would expect from Hilton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Overall, a very nice 3 day stay in this hotel recently. Location is close to the downtown pedestrian area without being on top of it. Its a very easy walk from the train station. Front desk staff is welcoming with excellent English. The room was clean and modern. Others have complained of the rooms being small--- maybe compared to a US hotel, but it was quite large compared to other European hotels. The included full breakfast was definitely a benefit. Only complaint would be the fairly expensive wi-fi. Really Hilton? I'm paying you quite a substantial sum for the room and now you nickel and dime me on wi-fi?? Even the cheapest hotels in the US have free wi-fi! Other than that complaint, we had a very nice stay.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Cologne and for giving us your feedback.

It is very nice to read that you were totally satisfied with your stay. We really appreciate your compliments to our Front Desk staff.

With regard to the internet prices, unfortunately we have a contract here in Germany. They are currently our provider, our General Manager is aware of the price issue. I have of course also made him aware of your complaint. I apologise for any inconvenience.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Cologne.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

The location of the hotel is just perfect but it has nothing to do with regular Hiltons.. There was no executive lounge and the rooms were soooo small and they did not had any idea what are the Hilton Diamond member benefits etc.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank g b
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback which you posted on tripadvisor.

I am very sorry that you were not totally satisfied with your stay.

Our property do not have an executive floor for this reason we provide our HHonors Diamond Members a free upgrade (if available) and the full American breakfast buffet is complimentary if they chose this MyWay option. The internet is free of charge as well for Gold and Diamond members. Please rest assured that we really appreciate every guests visit and know the value of our Diamond members and their benefits.

We would be more than happy to welcoming you back at the Hilton Cologne to show you that we treat our loyal guest very special.

San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

While staying at the Hilton Cologne Hotel my iPhone and a 50 Euro bill were stolen from my closed luggage inside my locked hotel room. Hilton staff checked the room's key card log and verified that the only people that entered the room were authorized Hilton employees and me. The Hilton management staff smugly refused to do anything to acknowledge or resolve the theft.

The cost of an iPhone hardly compares to the invasion of privacy I experienced and the knowledge that Hilton employees rummaged through my luggage.

Should I have put my belongings in the safe? Of course. However, now I know that untrustworthy and unhelpful staff works here, and I will not return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
10 Thank Traveler34920
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Guest ,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Hilton Cologne and for sharing your experience in Trip Advisor.

We are really sorry to read about the hassle you suffered. Please be assured that your comments were taken seriously from the management of our hotel and your case has been immediately submitted to the appropriate person in order to examine the single details of this inconvenience.

Furthermore, the management team is continuously running on-line and in house training in order to ensure that our team members can ascertain the security of our guests and their belongings, which is one of the most important priorities of our hotel.

We hope we will have an opportunity to regain your trust and you will allow us to welcome you in the appropriate manner. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at +49 221130714120 or per email angelo.vassallo@hilton.com, as I would be delighted to expedite your reservation needs.

If I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Angelo Vassallo
Berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Stayed here on our way to italy for 2 nights. From check in to check out the staff were excellent. The room was very comfortable and clean, we did get an upgrade, but had a look at other rooms that also looked very good.
Very close to the cathedral, shops, river and some very good restaurants.
Would recommend the open top bus tour.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you indeed for having taken the time to let us have your impressions about your recent visit at the Hilton Cologne.

It is very nice to read that you were fully satisfied with the room provided and the excellent staff. Your comments have been forwarded to them already. Thank you!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Hilton Cologne.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Getting to the hotel is quite easy and quicked by train if you are arriving from the airport. At the station buy a ticket for Koln Hbf (for 2.5 eur) and it is a 15 min ride. Depart the station at the City Exit (not Dom) and walk up the path (veering left). Take the first right and walk a block and the Hilton is right there across the road.
The hotel looks a little dull from outside but once you enter you really are greeted nicely and the lobby is alrge. I was lucky to get to room 620 (executive room). The room was quite large and overlooked the Cathedral. The bed itself was very comfortable and the room light and airy!
Bathroom was large with a separate bath and shower. The TV was great- there was access to all BBC and ITV channels (English channels). wi-fi was graet (free for HHonors). Breakfast the following day was fabulous. The eggs were freshly made and the choice was specatcular. The Ice Bar was interesting and wortha visit. Lots of eating establishments nearby. One of the better Hiltons taht I ahve been at!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Duddoo
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear guest,

I am glad to learn that you had a great experience at out hotel. Thank you very much for having taken the time to write your kind comments.

It is nice to read that you were fully satisfied with the room provided as well as our breakfast and our IceBAR you visited. I can assure you that your complimenting words having been passed along accordingly.

We are really proud to read that you describe the Hilton Cologne as “one of the better Hiltons that you have been at”.

Thank you again for evaluating us and for your loyalty to the Hilton Hotels Worldwide shown in your HHonors membership.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Airdrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

The Hilton Cologne is a fantastic place to stay! Great location - easy walking distance to the train station, shopping, Cathedral & other touristy things to do!

Staff was remarkable, front he front desk staff (Michelle), to the staff int he restaurant, to the cleaning staff. All very professional and more than happy to help whenever needed.

I stayed here on my way to Bonn for a conference and questioned whether I should have just gone straight in, but after staying here, I do not regret my decition at all!

Will stay here again!

Room Tip: Used Hotwire
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Cologne as your destination Hotel for your last trip to Bonn for a conference.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback through Tripadvisor with us.

It is very gratifying to know that our service left such a positive impression. I have shared your comments with all our associates as an example of how we can make a difference in the guests experience every day. I really appreciate your compliments. Thank you!

We are delighted to welcome you back soon and if there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

I have become a regular guest at the Hilton Cologne although I have never taken the time to write a review before. I tend to stay one or two nights on a monthly basis depending on my business schedule.

The location is perhaps the best within the town as almost all tourist sites and shopping options are within walking distance. As previous reviewers have already mentioned the train station is at the most 2 minutes walking door to door. One can reach the Dusseldorf or Cologne airport door to door in one hour.

The hotel itself is great, clean and modern - the staff are all very helpful and the two Guest Relations Managers: Michéle and Angelo greeted us personal by name each day of our stay. They were constantly offering advice about things to do in Cologne, places to eat and took care of our every need.

My room included a tub, a separate shower, safe, comfy king size bed, writing desk and seating area with a sofa bed and two chairs. The room also had a coffee machine, iron & ironing board and mini bar. The bed was superb! I'm a very spoiled person when it comes to sleeping, so this one felt great - luxurious bed linens, exclusive mattress, great pillows of best quality, etc. - everything I usually expect from Hilton and this one was even better than average.

The gym had a nice selection of equipment and ample room - it also included a locker room  with saunas and solarium. The hotel also has two bars, a fabulous restaurant and a business center.

The breakfast buffet was perhaps one of the best we have ever experienced - it included cold and hot buffet, made-to-order items, coffees, teas, fruits, breads and best of all champagne! You'll find all your American favorites at the breakfast buffet including: bacon, eggs, sausage, waffles, pancakes, muffins and even donuts. The buffet also offers a traditional European breakfast as well.

As always, I really enjoyed staying at the Hilton Cologne. The rooms are spacious, the staff is extremely professional and they always spoil me during my stay.  You won't find a better 5 star hotel in Cologne and I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank JohnSotomayor
Hilton_Cologne, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Cologne, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Dear John,

Thank you indeed for having taken the time to let us have your impressions about your several stays at the Hilton Cologne.

We are very happy to read that you always enjoy your stays with us and giving us such a good score. It is always a pleasure for us to welcoming you.

On behalf of the Hilton Cologne team we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your shown loyalty and long term relationship with our property.

Please feel free to contact us anytime if there is anything you need.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Angelo Vassallo & Michèle Döhring