“Touristic place”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is probably the busiest place we found in Cologne. We tried to go there without reservation on Friday and Saturday but this was impossible. The place was book for group of tourists. We finally manage to go there on the sunday evening. The service was very good. however, the food was average. My chicken was still pink. We have been to other place in the same street and the food was much better and cheaper.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Overall German food in my opinion is not great. Cerainly in regional Bavaria where we had travelled to Koln from it was very poor. So it was great to finally get a really good meal in Germany. I had eaten in BierHaus am Rhen in 2011 while at Koln Karneval and was very impressed then. I'm glad to report that this time(November 2012) it was just as good if not better.

I had the mushroom soup and the fillet steak and both were just superb. Waiter was really friendly and pleasant and his service was top notch. Washed down by Paffgen beer(best in Koln) this spot is a must visit in Koln. Great location down by river in heart of Altstadt.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We visited for lunch well after the normal lunch period was over but were welcomed and food was freshly cooked though we were the only guests in the restaurant at that time. Enjoyed the view over the Rhine whilst we were in the warmth indoors. Somewhat amused by the English translation in the menu but the food was fine!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We had a lovely meal at this Brauerei. As it was "Spargelzeit" (i.e. asparagus season), we enjoyed delicious white asparagus with hollandaise sauce, followed by tasty schnitzels. Busy place with good service.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I had my best German meal into that restaurant in Cologne ! Delicious food + good beer. I really recommend it.

1  Thank JulienF