Hotel Santo
$211
$87
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

$82
$93
$79
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $88/night.

$176
$109
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

$169
$90
$86
$124
  • Room Service
All reviewsfizzy winetrain stationitems includingnice hotelair conditioningcheck in was a breezenespresso coffee machineroom was a decent sizeequipped roomsrecommend this hotelquiet areabreakfast staffsmall thingscold meatsclose to the hotelcomfortable bedbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Friendly reception, nice spacious room for a city hotel. Clean, modern and a private garage! But there is some room for improvement: only German TV channels and a very poor, slow and unstable Wifi connection.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbera71
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I booked the hotel for a short city break in Cologne and one of the main reasons has been its design - i wasnt impressed so much. The area in the lobby, coridors and entries in front of the rooms are fine, but I didnt find the room "design" at all. I loved the bathroom, it was pretty nice, but the rest didnt fit the "design hotel". The amenities they provide were nice, but it has been never refilled next days - strange. The breakfast included was nice but we find it very poor - we were showing up in the restaurant half hour before its closing and the plates with cheeses etc has been already emplty - whole stay we did need to ask for the refill. Overall the hotel was not the worst ever, but it has nothing together with 4* service. The staff was friendly, but on our check out - the receptionist gave us a wrong idea about the direactions how to get to the airport, you better make sure about that.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nada_nekorancova
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I stayed two nights at the Hotel Santo. The single room I had was small, but perfect for me. The room included many amenities, such as a mini-bar, TV a desk, good lighting and a large bathroom. The hotel's style is very modern.
The breakfast is fully stocked with a wide variety of fresh foods and is excellent.
I stayed at the hotel because they offered parking in a lot across the street for my car. My vehicle was safe and I did not use it for my entire stay in Cologne.
The hotel's location is a few blocks north of the Main Train station (next to the Cathedral), and is a residential/hospital area that is somewhat deserted at night; although I did not feel uncomfortable walking to/from the hotel at various times. The easy walk to the cathedral took 10-15 minutes.
I would highly recommend staying at the Hotel Santo again, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Scooter_014
Reviewed January 13, 2011

We had stayed here before about 4 years ago and loved it and were somewhat puzzled at some negative reviews. We ignored these and we were glad we did. We arrived early and despite being 4 hours before official check in time, the staff promptly offered to free up a room as my wife was feeling ill, this was so kind. The room was stylish, comfortable and clean. No complaints. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Throughout our stay staff were hospitable and courteous. It has a great location about 10 minutes walk from the station and the Dom and Christmas market (wonderful!) but is in a quiet side street easily accessed on foot from the station. Main dislike I just wish it was a bit cheaper but would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2010

After reading the latest review on trip advisor, I was a little aprehensive about staying here. However, I can honestly say that the hotel was very good. The rooms extremely clean and well furnished. The bathroom was plenty big enough with rails for the towels and a big shower. One reviewer said that there was no air conditioning in the hotel in the summer but I have to report that there was an airconditioning control in our bedroom but obviously only usable from May to Sept. The hotel was very warm especially at this cold time of year and the welcome we got from the reception staff was friendly, warm and courteous. One receptionist was extremely helpful in advising us about taking the local underground/overground train service to get around the markets. We ended up each evening having a drink at the bar and again the staff were friendly and chatted to us in English. The breakfast was good value with a wide choice of food from cereals, to bacon, eggs, waffles, cheeses, ham etc. Hotel was in very easy reach of the Cathedral and main station, just a 10 minute walk up the road and was situated in a quiet area. There was also the added bonus of parking space for which there was a daily charge. Altogether a very enjoyable city break.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple