“Never come to this hotel”

Classic Hotel Harmonie
Ranked #142 of 263 Hotels in Cologne
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have just arrived to the hotel. I prepaid the room two months ago. Now they tell me that there is not a room available because they overbooked it. I am calling the police. When I ask for the claiming book they say they do not have...

Please never again. Do not allow people like this to run a hotel

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Ignacio P

Reviewed February 4, 2014

The hotel is a good 3* hotel, fairly cheap compared to other 3* hotels located near the cathedral

The +
- The hotel is fairly well located (about 5 min walk from main train station and cathedral)
- very clean
- it seems to have been refurbished recently so everything looks fairly new

The -
- sound isolation is not great as you can hear people talking in the corridor
- I found the room a bit small. I might be used to 4* hotels ...
- I did not like the shower door as it let water splash out while i was taking my shower
- I usually got to breakfast at 10.30 - 10.45 (breakfast closing at 11 am on WE) and no croissant or eggs were available anymore. Of course there were still plenty of choice available.
- no bulleye on the door so you cannot see who is outside.

So, if you are not picky in terms of services, the hotel is very good and very clean.
If you are picky about room size, amount of breakfast, you might want to try another one.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

A warm and friendly welcome awaited us, very comfortable and nothing was too much trouble for the polite and knowledgeable staff. They guided us to the best night market and made us feel totally at home. A few minutes walk from the enchanting Dom (cathedral) - perfect location, lovely breakfast (as you would expect in Germany) - This one has our seal of approval

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simon D
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Wonderful hotel, nice and quest location about 5 minutes walk from the train station. Very comfortable beds. Incredible breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. It's possible to check-in early. I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and will stay there again next time I am in Koln.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Booked a single standard room here for 7 nights for a trade show. Cost us more than 250 Eur during the show.
The room is incredibly small (the size of my bathroom in other hotels I've stayed) but very clean. They do not top up toiletries so it's a little annoying.
My room faces the St Ursula church which is also where the street is so I can hear every car that goes by and the street chatter. Also during the weekend, church bells go off for almost an entire hour at 7-8am.
Simple but nice breakfast. Friendly and warm service staff in the restaurant.
Wish I can say the same for the front desk. Sent my pants out for dry cleaning and didn't get them back till 4 days later. There was no sense of urgency despite my daily checking-in with them. Was not at all apologetic as well.
Wifi is free - log-ins are on a per day per device basis. Seems to log off automatically after a few hours so quite a nuisance.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were arriving late on the train from Brussels but the hotel is really just round the corner from the station. We checked in with no problems and found the staff very helpful.
There was no tea tray in the room and when we asked we were provided with a kettle which we had to pay a deposit for. We got milk and cups from the breakfast room. Seems to be a German thing as other hotels on our trip didn't do kettles either

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Really well priced hotel, was suitable for the purpose and would visit again on a personal trip to the city. If you're on a budget this is a great hotel to visit. Close to station and local restaurants and bars.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business