Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

The good things are that the hostel has a very convenient location just 5 min walk from the central station. Also it is very spacious and clean inside, the rooms, the bathrooms and the common spaces.

However I was a little annoyed as they advertise 24 hour reception, but the office actually closes at 11pm. I needed something printed and they said they couldn’t do it even though it was only 11:05. The guy was also a bit rude.

It is a huge hostel, yet they only provide one laundry machine. Which means you have to wait a long time usually. And the dryer didn’t work, my clothes were still totally wet.

It is cheap though which is nice, but they could improve a few things I think.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2019

Pathpoint is located in an old church, and has both a charm and ample space that few hostels can compete with. I really liked the area and would want to give it 5/5,if it wasn't for three things:

Reception wasn't particularly nice - I had the joy of talking to two different receptionists during my five day stay. Now, I will not force service people to smile for me, but they did not provide me with a hello or goodbye, no information about my stay, and seemed like they couldn't get me off their case quick enough, so much so that they kept cutting me off.

Really warm - the dorms had no air-conditioning or fans. I know this is a common issue, but beware still.

You have to bring and put on your own bedlinens - also not the worst thing in the world, except in a room with 7 other people on searing heat I was the only one who did and I can't say that's hygienic.

All in all, this place has a lot of potential, but I don't think I'll be coming back to see if it learns to live up to it.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2019

The hostel is located very near the train station, and is in a great part of town. It is extremely clean, and offers plenty of community spaces for travelers to socialize.

Staff members were also very helpful, and pointed out all of the necessary sights to see. Would certainly stay again.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank 19_ryan_h_93
Pathpoint, Manager at Pathpoint Cologne Backpacker Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Thank you very much for your excellent review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. It would be great to see you soon again. Best regards from Cologne! :-)

Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

The hostel has basic rooms but confortables. Their facilities are very complete. The location is perfect, 5 min walking to the train station. There is a multi kitchen you can use anda garden where to sit in summer.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Pathpoint, Manager at Pathpoint Cologne Backpacker Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2019

Thank you very much for your great review. We are very happy that you liked your stay with us. Enjoy the rest of your trip and get home safely. :-)

Reviewed November 29, 2018

Located within sight of Köln Hauptbahnhof (Cologne main station), the hostel is perfectly situated for late arrivals or early starts from the station, as well as exploring this most fabulous of cities. The staff spoke perfect English and are extremely friendly and helpful from the outset! Dorms were clean, and spacious, with each bed having a dedicated locker (and a big one at that) which works by depositing a €2 coin for your key, which you get back when you unlock… very helpful! Separate shower Room & WC were a plus! Breakfast was in the rather cavernous refectory, but was what you expect from a good German first meal… Breads, meats and cheese… and good coffee! All in all, a dame good hostel!

Room tip: Spend 2 nights... one was simply not enough!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Pathpoint, Manager at Pathpoint Cologne Backpacker Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2018

Thank you very much for your fantastic and detailed review! This really sounds really great and it makes us proud to hear all that. It would be great to see you soon again. Have a nice rest of your trip! Best regards from Cologne! :-)