We were apprehensive on reading some of the previous reviews - especially regarding the annex. But we had a very pleasant three night stay and the staff were extremely helpful. We were in the main hotel, in two standard rooms, which were of a very good standard compared with the many business hotels I have stayed in in UK. So I can't comment on the annex business.
The staff were universally polite and helpful, printing out our flight tickets for us and even supplying some German phrases for one of our son's postcards! We liked the massimo coffee machine and the good size of the rooms, with plenty of storage space, and a good hot shower. There is a mini-bar, and a large TV, lots of ambient lighting. The TV had fewer channels than usual - not a big deal at all, just thought I'd mention it.
We ate one night in the restaurant which was busy - a tip would be to reserve a table rather than just turn up, which is what we did, but we had a drink at the bar while the very efficient head waitress sorted us out a table, and we had a very decent meal, though not cheap. There was a good mix of couples, families and business people staying while we were there. We used the pool and the fitness room, though the pool closed on the second day. The pool was better than most hotel pools, being long enough to actually do some serious swimming.
The hotel is a five minutes stroll from the Reichensbergerplatz underground station - there is a 7-11 type store nearby but it doesnt sell much - and the underground journey is five minutes down to the Haubahnhof central station, where we had coffee and croissants in one of the cafes each morning - at 18 euros a head we decided not to bother with the hotel breakfast. There is also a well-stocked supermarket and numerous shops at the main station, and the Dom cathedral is pretty much straight outside the train station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel has a quiet location, a 15-minute walk north of Cologne's Old Town and Cologne Cathedral. Guests enjoy free use of the gym and 17-meter indoor pool. All rooms at the Mercure Koeln Belfortstrasse include a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi and a private bathroom. The Mercure Koeln Belfortstrasse features the elegant Quirinal restaurant and the Consulchen pub. Ebertplatz Underground Station is just 320 yards from the Mercure Koeln Belfortstrasse. Cologne Main Station is 2 direct stops from here. The Kolnmesse Exhibition Centre and Kolnarena stadium are a few minutes away by train. The Mercure Koeln Belfortstrasse is a 5-minute walk from the Rhine River, right across from the Rheinpark. The Rhine bridge and cable car are near the hotel. Private parking with video surveillance is available at the Mercure Koeln Belfortstrasse. The A1, A3, A4 and A57 highways can be reached within a few minutes. Neustadt Nord is a great choice for travelers interested in Carnival, Nightlife and Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Hotel Cologne Belfortstrasse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn By Radisson Koln Belfortstrasse Hotel Cologne
- Park Inn Cologne
- Koln Belfortstrasse Park Inn