I stayed here for a couple of nights with my partner as we travelled around Germany and have to stay, that although the staff were lovely and kitchen facilities for cooking we're great, the rooms were extremely average, very small, a bit smelly and run down.
Because we were only in Cologne for 2 days, we were out sight seeing pretty much all day and out at the local pubs/restaurants at night, so we just needed a cheap, convenient place to sleep at night. It did the job. But to review the place, the rooms are so unbelievably small, the bathrooms smell quite damp-like and overall, the whole place needs a revamp. A little out the city centre, but not far to walk in. (20/25 minutes)
The kitchen was great for cooking in however, with plenty of pots, pans and cutlery. Very clean and tidy. Lots of amenities near by, shops, restaurants, pubs etc so great location for that.
Would stay again, but in a private room. Maybe there'd be a bit more space for the two of us?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The MEININGER Hotel Koln City Center is located on the left bank of the river Rhine in the student district. It is the ideal starting point for shopping trips at Schildergasse and a stroll through the Old Town to Cologne Cathedral. MEININGER offers more than just low-cost accommodation: free WiFi in the lobby, a hotel bar, a guest kitchen and a games room are all great places to get to know our international guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your MEININGER Hotel Koeln City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meininger City Hostel And Hotel
- Meininger City Hotel Cologne
- Meininger City Hostel Hotel
- Meininger City Hostel Cologne