Dom Hotel Koeln
$154
$124
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in April 2012.

It was my partners birthday treat and we stayed in deluxe bedroom with super view as the hotel is located directly next to Dom!

Room and bathroom were super spacious and very comfortable. I was surprised with the level of noise once we opened windows and again when closed it was super quiet.

Concierge was super helpful, he helped us to choose the restaurant where we had amazing german food and also organised champagne and birthday cake on our return as a surprise.

We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juliana_svk
DomHotel, Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear “Juliana_svk”,

You made me smile! I just read your report on your stay of April 2012 at our hotel and would like to thank you for the time you took to write this review and for posting the nice photos. It makes me happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. In particular because it was a special event for you and your partner and we were able to make a surprise to you both.

We will do our very best to keep up our good service. Thank you for giving us 5 out of 5 possible points. I hope very much that you will soon stay at our hotel again – we would be delighted to welcome you!

Kind regards and best wishes,

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel is a MUST if it is your first visit to Cologne. The Hotel location cannot be beat. We paid for a cathedral view and we sure got it! Room 341 was beyond beautiful. the room was very large for European standards. The staff was very helpful and friendly, they really helped make our trip a great one! I was nervous once I read other reviews, but we had no problems at all. This hotel is definitely worth the money for the first time you visit this city, if I could afford it a second time I would do it in a heartbeat!
Also, I did not find the location noisy, the windows really block the noise, even the fireworks on New Years eve were muffled.

Room Tip: paying extra for the cathedral view is worth it
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PearlieLupita
DomHotel, Manager at Dom Hotel Koeln, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear “PearlieLupita”,

What a treat to receive such an awesome review! Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and summarizing your experiences in so many flattering words. We are happy that you had a good time and would be delighted to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is lovely and in a really great location. All staff were extremely helpful - even the day after we had checked out! We wandered into the hotel to get out of the rain, and seek some advice to find a place for hot chocolate. The concierge went out of his way to assist us. We were lucky enough to be put into a newer room which was very large, very clean (lovely bathroom too) and had a spectacular view.

Room Tip: The rooms in the newer addition to the hotel are very modern, and clean. We were travelling in a group and some people were put in the older section of the hotel, while those rooms were charming, they were smaller and the hallways were smokey due to the lounge below.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mellissawood

Dear “MelLW”,

I would like to thank you for your friendly words. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. And thank you also for commending our staff. Your friendly words are really appreciated by my entire team, they will be highly motivated by your positive feedback.

I hope you have already planned your next trip to Frankfurt. We would be delighted to see you soon again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Its been three years since last we visited this grand dame of hotels (Please see "Christmas Magic - September 2010). It is still the 5* hotel that one dreams of staying at. Due to the exorbitant price of the rooms, we limit our stay here to one night during our tour of German Christmas markets. This year we paid €260 for one night in a Dom View room. The view can only be described as reach out and touch the cathedral. The high point of our visit was waking up and pressing a button next to the bed, the drapes opened and we were presented with a view of the cathedral that is indescribable. While we were soaking it in, the first flakes of a significant snow fall were visible - Christmas Magic.
The only negative we found was that the management of this hotel insists on gouging its customers €15 per night for Internet access in the rooms. As I pointed out to the hotel manager, who felt the charge is reasonable, that not only is this more than I pay for one MONTH of internet access in my home, and that McDonald's and Starbucks, within a stone's throw of the hotel, have internet access for free. He resorted to "Did you not read the Terms & Conditions?" Needless to say, we did not pay the €15 fee, but instead paid a €5 roaming fee on one of our mobiles, turned it into a hub, and all our devices had internet access at a third the price. This was not Christmas Magic, but crass commercialism of the worst kind.
We will cherish the view and the style of this hotel, but I doubt we will ever splurge on it again.
I have since researched a few hotel with a very short distance, at least one of which offered WIFi access for free. Do your homework, do the maths.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, choose a room with the Cathedral View
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick B

Dear “DublinBanjoMan”,

Many thanks for your review and your kind words. It made me happy to read your words about how you enjoyed Christmas feeling at our hotel – even if your review is not that positive as the last one. I am really sorry that we could not fulfill all of your expectations this time.

Please allow me to elaborate on the reason for our current policy to charge for internet services. We decided not to include this service in our room rates, as we would have had to increase those, which again would penalize all guests not using the internet. At our Business Center, however, the internet access is free of charge. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience that may have been caused and rest assured that we will take your comment into consideration in our next future strategy discussion.

We really would love to see you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time if I can be of your assistance.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here for 3 nights. Really great location, you are in the heart of the city surrounded with the history of Cologne. it is close to the shopping area.
But ... There is some negative sides of this... Overcrowded, there are some parkings close to this hotel, but it is really hard to find a spare place.
Breakfast was good.
One night was sleepless cause of some repair works, I guess, started at 11-00 pm and ended at 4-00 am.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear “Temisa78”,

Thank you very much for your feedback here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location and breakfast.

You are absolutely right that during Christmas time Cologne seems a bit overcrowded but the Christmas markets are indeed worthwhile visiting and a “must visit” place in December. Maybe it is good to know that right under the hotel you find a public underground parking with a couple of hotel parking spaces. Anyway, our Reception team is always pleased to assist you with parking your car.

I am sorry for the noise you got disturbed by during one night. I think it must have been the refurbishment taking place in the store just next door to us. After that night we have immediately informed them only to allow those works in appropriate times of day. Please apologize for any inconvenience you had.

We would be very happy to welcome you again to our hotel. If there is anything I can do for you in the meantime, just let us know.