TRYP by Wyndham Koeln City Centre
$167
$110
$99
  • Room Service
All reviewstrain stationrail tourhotel in excellent locationfree wifishort walktea coffeemain stationcity centrebreakfast was excellentgerman hotelslarge bathroomsmall hotelvisit the christmas marketson footold townin decembercathedral
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The room had badly marked walls in several places and the sink had a large crack in it. Certainly not up to a Premier Inn standard in the UK.
very slow bar service and a dreadful evening meal buffet.
I would look for somewhere better if staying in Cologne again. No way is it a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
igottschlich, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Koeln City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Badcat110,

Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Grand City Hotel Köln Zentrum recently and I am terribly sorry to read that you were completly unsatisfied with our service.
I would welcome the opportunity to liaise with you in person. I can be reached at aeichler@eurotels at any time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed February 19, 2013

A very good hotel, perhaps nothing really especial, but everything was done with efficiency and willingness. Breakfast is particularly good. The bathrooms are a little tired, at least in ours, and the sink looked as if it had been badly cracked for some time. This really needs to be fixed soon. We had two beds shoved together with single duvets on each. This does not really make a double bed, especially when the beds can come apart at the join!
Otherwise, this was an excellent hotel, really good location, convenient for the station but no noise, abd easy walking to the Dom and then on if needed.. Breslauer Platz UBahn is almost outside. Find a cheaper "streifenkarten" ticket in the Dom UBahn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
igottschlich, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Koeln City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear pisumcorporum,

Thank you for choosing the Grand City HOtel Köln Zentrum for your recent stay and thank you also for your very valuable feedback. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again on the next visit.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had the occasion to stay in this hotel for 3 days, the last week and it was really a pleasure. Small room but very warm and pleasant, nice personal and very delicious food. The fact which impressed me a lot was the high standard of cleaning. In comparison with my last stay in 2012, now the room really looked as cleaned by professionists. When I arrived, room was clean, and also during my stay. In one of the days housekeeping knocked my door to ask if I want service and I asked if this is possible while I'm staying in the room. The housekeeping team (because it was a young couple) accepted. I stared at them in those 10 minutes while they cleaned the room and I couldn't believe my eyes: they were moving so fast and good, one of them in bathroom and the other in bedroom. I really was surprised, because I didn't expected that such a small hotel has such experienced personal in housekeeping. After they finished, the housekeeping team was the one who said to me "Thank you!". After a short time, a nice lady knocked my door again and ask me to be assured that everything is ok in room, fresh towels and good cleaning. I find this amazing because this is how the standard grows. The only thing that I regret is that I couldn't let a tip bigger than 5Euro. Those guys really deserved more. Thank you a lot Grand City for making me feel like at home!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
igottschlich, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Koeln City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Richard r
Thank you for this wonderful feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here so much and all on the team say very heartfelt thank you! We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the Grand City Hotel Köln Zentrum soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visited the hotel in connection to IMM fair in Cologne. The room was pre-booked, and therefore the price was double up on the real daily price for the hotel. We asked for room prices, pretending to be new guests and got an offer that was 50% off compared to what we were paying. Small rooms. Old and used bathrooms. Poor breakfest. Dont come for anything fancy, because it is not. Only it's location may be a decision factor. Don't confuse this, with the "real" grand city hotel (best western) just a block away.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear gkev,

Thank you for choosing to stay here in the Grand City Hotel Köln Zentrum recently and I am terribly sorry to read that you are not satisfied with your choice and did not experience the true Hotel experience. I use feedback such as yours to aid me when it comes to motivating and encouraging the team to perform to the highest level consistently. As I mentioned above I am terribly disappointed that you did not experience the true experience here and I would welcome the opportunity to liaise with you in person. I can be reached at aeichler@eurotels at any time. I look forward to hopefully hear from you.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was a comfortable hotel in a nice location right by the Hauptbahnhof and close to much of what you'd want to see in Cologne. The breakfast was very nice, although the dining room is a bit small and crowded. The food was very good and the servers were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Paul B

Dear Paul B,

Thank you for choosing the Grand City Hotel Köln Zentrum for your recent stay and thank you also for your very valuable feedback. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again on the next visit.