I stayed here one night on a business trip. My rating is strongly influenced by the location of this hotel which is very convenient to explore the pedestrian area or when you arrive by train. The hotel is situated across the main train station.
What I liked
- location, location, location
- Really great (one of the best I ever had) breakfast
- Very quiet despite the location across the train station - the windows must be isolated really good
- Free WiFi and speed ok
- Nice bar setup serving Koelsch beer and a great selection of other beverages
- Friendly service people
What I did not like
- small rooms (but understandable considering the location)
- breakfast very expensive (19 EUR) so make sure you book in advance
- a bit run down with cracks in the tub, sink and furniture
- NO PARKING though advertised on the website (one star down). When you ask reception they actually send you to park in the Marriott garage which is about 300m away. Strange they send you to the competitors and not sure what the Marriott thinks about it. Also not sure why the mention parking on the website when there is really NONE available.
I would stay here again but only if I don't arrive by car.More
- Free Wifi