“Traditional kolsch”

Brauerei zur Malzmuehle
Ranked #45 of 2,369 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Altstadt-Süd
Milan, Italy
“Traditional kolsch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you really like kolsch beers you can't miss this traditional brewery in koln. The atmosphere is unique and original as well as the house beers. The pork knuckle is the perfect mate dish....if you can handle it!!! Eventually, try the typical malzbier to complete your perfect kolsch dinner!

• Visited May 2013

• Finnish first
Durban, South Africa
“Beer and Good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great beer, try the malt beer its wonderful. Had lunch and it was delicious, so much so we went back for more the next day! Good reasonable prices, only down is its large so service is slow but if you tell your waiter he comes you want to order all together it will be done quicker!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Heidi-Scott25
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Typicall German Brauhaus”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, any mention of this being a 'Tourist' bar is nonsense. You couldn't get more typically German if you tried. The Kobe are efficient but friendly and the food well priced. The food itself isn't flashy, but German food isn't. Tasty, plentiful and quick. The haus also has quite a history to it. A recommended stop when in Cologne

• Visited July 2013
Cologne, Germany
“perfect browery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

that's the place to go for a typically cologne cool beer and tasty food. we love that place and the kölsch :-)

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“Food is very average if that.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I don't quite understand as to why this restaurant got so many positive reviews.
We relied on Tripadvisor and picked this restaurant for dinner when we visited Cologne. When we walked in there was only a few customers there. So our waiter came to us right away and offered us a beer. He was not rude, but he was not overly friendly either.

The problem for me with this place was the quality of their food. It looked good but tasted very salty. I tried the dish i ordered for myself and thought it was way too salty. So i switch with my husband's order. Same story. When a restaurant serves me an overly salty food i know that it is either something going on with the quality of their ingredients or they want me to order a lot of drinks . I would have to say that the sauerkraut was very good, but the sausage and pork were simply inedible because of the ungodly amount of salt and really no flavor. I tasted nothing but salt in my pork. It could have been beef and i would not have been able to tell the difference. Potatoes were very mediocre and also with a lot more salt added to it than I would have preferred.
We paid 30 euros for this food and honestly it was absolutely not worth it. I am pretty sure that you can find cheaper and better quality food in Cologne. I think this place is overrated. May be it is good restaurant to have beer ONLY, but when it comes to the food in my opinion it was below average.

• Visited June 2013