“Attractive menu, somewhat expensive, very loud”
Review of Restaurant Colina

Restaurant Colina
Ranked #340 of 2,483 Restaurants in Cologne
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Neustadt-Nord
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This restaurant has an insteresting menu of various meats and tapas, both spanish and cuban in style. I had the ribs, which were very nice (they will offer to put fresh ground pepper on them, I don't recommend it - it takes away from the cuban taste), as were the fried vegetables which was my side dish choice. The red house wine (from Chile) was excellent. You also get some (very white) bread with some dips with your drinks; I tried the salsa which was very spicy.
Coupled with prices that are in line with other restaurants of this type (i.e. not too expensive, though you're not going to have a cheap meal here), it would be a good choice.
Unfortunately, it is excessively loud in the place - apparently, there is nothing that will absorb sound (maybe put in some carpets?); when the place is full (as it was last night), you may have problems keeping up a non-screamed conversation. Too bad, I would have given it four stars otherwise.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have already been in Cologne many times, for private or job-related reasons. Each time I´m in Cologne, I visit my favourite local restaurant there. It is called Colina restaurant and it is a really good steak restaurant. For me it is definitely one of the best European steak restaurants I´ve ever been to. The restaurant Colina is run by a family with Cuban roots. The service is excellent and the people there are very friendly, which is very important for me.
If you´re dining at Colina restaurant, you will make the experience, that preparing steaks is not just preparing food, it is passion. The meat comes from the Colombian highlands and the “grill-master” is celebrating its quality. The steaks are grilled on an open charcoal grill and believe me, there are not many restaurants preparing their steaks like this. I´ve been in various steak restaurants in the United States but I never had such an experience.
You might probably know that I´m not the biggest fan of meat. So I´m really happy, that the restaurant Colina offers lovely tapas or Cuban cuisine as well. But my husband loves meat. He is always ordering the same dish: A 400-500 gram fillet steak. I know that this is quite a big piece of meat, but I can understand my husband. Cause even though I´m not a big fan I tried this steak and it tastes absolutely delicious. He loves it to eat it medium, tender rose and a little bit bloody inside. The meat is so tender that a knife slides through. The taste from the first to the last bite is a delight of the purest meat.
So is your mouth already watering ;)? Well, I´ve got a second recommendation for you. If you´re dining at Colina restaurant, you should try the house rum. It is very soft, but the taste is so good, that we had to buy the whole bottle. Now we enjoy the rum at home, on long evenings or after a good dinner. It is not easy to find good restaurants. So if you decide to visit the Colina restaurant on your next trip to Cologne make sure you do a reservation, otherwise they might be fully booked.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This restaurant is one of the best steakhouses in Germany. The food is excellent, good choice of wines and good service. Nice atmosphere and kind people that are servicing the guests.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

This place does what is says on the tin, beautifully steaks cooked perfectly at reasonable prices. Excellent house wine as well.

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Best steaks ever, even passing by Cologne we take a taxi and eat the steaks!;) Don't forget to try the home wine! And Rum for sure!

1  Thank Yuriy V