“Too pricy for the food they serve”

Luciano Il Ristorante
Ranked #484 of 2,367 Restaurants in Cologne
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Altstadt-Nord
Athens
“Too pricy for the food they serve”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We went there on a business dinner (three people). Our food was mediocre to say the least. We all ordered fish and the flavors were very flat and un-interesting. The portions were quite small so we ordered bread a couple of times... The service was good and the waitors friendly. The big surprise was the check! It was very pricy for what ate. Sorry Luciano, but I will try to find another Italian restaurant next time I am in Cologne.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank K M

• Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
“Dinner was delicious but afterwards, I was rather forgotten except for giving me the bill...no dessert?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was looking for another restaurant but thought this was it. Found out after I left that the restaurant I wanted was actually across the street. I arrived 15 minutes too early however being that it was chilly outside, A waiter came to me and said that I was too early. I asked if I could sit inside until they officially opened. After looking hesitant, he seated me. The waiter was Rosario. After asking what his name was in German, he laughed because he could tell I was American. I had just learned that phrase today.

Rosario gave me an English menu. The only thing that appealed to me were the lamb chops with garlic and herbs. Cost 27 Euros. He brought bread with a spread and olives to my table. I asked if I could have some water. My bill said the bottle cost 4.50 Euros. I couldn't even drink all of it so that was money wasted. It seems to be difficult to just get a glass of tap water.

I must say that the meal was delicious...6 small lamb chops and spinach. After asking how my dinner was and I said it was very good, Rosario left and never came back to see if I wanted dessert. Another waiter brought the bill then came back to take my cash. If Rosario had come back, I was going to give him a 5 Euro tip but seeing he never approached my table again or said goodbye, I kept the tip. I wasn't going to give it the waiter who came only to give me my bill.

By the time I was finished with my dinner, the restaurant was about 3/4 full. They do a great business but they cater to those repeat customers they know. I can understand that. After all, I'm leaving tomorrow for Berlin and won't be dining in their restaurant. However, they don't know that. I might have visited Cologne often and might have become a frequent customer.

31.50 Euros for dinner however, I won't forget my delicious meal...even without dessert. Guess, I didn't need it anyway.

• Visited September 2013
Luxembourg
“Good food but overcrowded and pricy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

They refused to accept payment with a credit card saying that card was declined by the bank. Food is good but overpriced and waiting time is not always reasonable. In my estimation 5 waiters are serving around 60 guests. They are doing their job virtuously but obviously facility is understaffed! Free tapas with vine. Refusal to get payment via credit card was truly unpleasant experience and spoiled that evening.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank N0rth
London
“Must have met the wrong member of staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I didn't even get as far as dining here. The man who served me was very rude about my British accent (I still do speak fluent German though). He was speaking in a slow, patronising voice and had no interest in being polite- just shoving the specials board in my face and being rude............so I left...This might be a nice place but I will never know!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank LizWhitcher
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I dined at this restaurant twice in a row. It was close to my hotel and my customers liked it.
Italian staff, Menu on a board that is brought to your table. Twice ate fish, very good. Wine selection good. Not tried the dessert. Very busy, better to reserve. Has outside tables with some heating.

• Visited May 2013