“Beautiful atmosphere along Rhine, great staff and food is amazing”

Kunibert der Fiese Restaurant
Ranked #1,812 of 2,369 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: German, European
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Altstadt-Nord
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful atmosphere along Rhine, great staff and food is amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had their Cologne speciality Rhine-Style pot roast with dumplings and red-cabbage, by-far and away the best German meal of the holiday and the best meal in a long time.. Rest of family loved their meals and is positioned along the beautiful Rhine at night lights, not overly expensive... really the money is what you expect for the town.
We had a very nice waiter who was able to have a joke around with the customers which is always nicer. Fast service to
Its pretty much all outdoor seating - but we were there in December and it wasn't cold (Outdoor heating)
Only a 5 min stole from the Dom (Cologne Cathedral)
Toilets however I was told by a person in our group, were a bit of a state but didn't see them myself.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Jack_Da_Lad19

• Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Typical tourist trap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

The food was quite mixed, my jager schnitzel was quite nice, the salad that came with it didn't look too appertising. I think the same salad probably gets re-served to a multitude of customers, occasionally topped up if a customer is brave enough to touch it.
My girlfriend had a nice goulash soup, though compared to another we had in a nearby restaurant earlier in the day, the amount of beef present was was stingy to say the least.
Then there was the bread roll with cheese she ordered. The cheese was very hard around the edges, and very clearly had mold on it, we complained to the waiter who said it was meant to be there, and it was salt, I'm not convinced.
To top in all of, a beggar entered the restaurant half way through the meal to sell a toy dog/keyring thing, the owners didnt seem too proactive at getting rid of him.

Topped up with a soundrack of techno christmas hits, would not recommend.

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Simple but nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I can say this place has a very average menu including many German specials. We ate here several times over our last year and we did enjoy the dishes we had! Our favourite was the calamari which was a huge portion and it came with a separate side salad. The prices is good and we thought it was very good value for money. One waiter remembered us the whole year that we kept returning to the restaurant which was really a nice touch. We would return!

• Visited August 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a horrible place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were forced to come in from the rain having been solicited by a guy at the door waiting for the next prey and ended up in the worst restaurant I have ever been in my life (I have been to many!). The staff were pushy, the menu unreadable and incomplete, nobody could explain what the food contained, it was noisy, smelt bad, we had heat coming from under our seats, the ice my friend asked for her whisky was thrown out of a glass into hers, the food extremely average and when we asked to speak to the manager we were told he had gone home. On my way out I found him, he didn't even stand up to talk to us and wasn't interested in dealing with a disappointed customer. It is very sad that such a place is allowed to operate in a developed country like Germany. I will also write to the German Tourist Board.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank E K
UK
“Very simple decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We ate here late, on our first day in Cologne. We were quickly sat down outside, near the heaters which was more pleasant than we thought. The food and drinks were served quickly and the food quality was good. We had the prawn cocktail which was very large and very delicious. We also had pizzas - they were very nice and edible. The price was more than average, but that's because of the location.

• Visited October 2013