“Great location bar bravery restaurant ”
Review of Gaffel am Dom

Gaffel am Dom
Ranked #85 of 2,865 Restaurants in Cologne
Cuisines: Diner, German
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt-Nord
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great place, full of happy people, perfect fast service and beautiful beer
And the highlights event was we set and talk to the third generation owner Philip.
Super highly recommended place to visit in Cologne.

Enjoy

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (2,129)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had drunk here before but never eaten. Popped in for something to eat on my own

Glad I did. The beer as always is superb. Fresh, cold and good value.

Food was great and reasonably priced. Had the oversized bratwurst with fried potatoes, gravy and sauerkraut. Just super. Pudding was the quarkstrudel. Warm curd strudel with vanilla cream and fruit compote.

All that and 6 beers was under 30 euro.

Will definitely return.

Its busy, noisy and buzzing but thats how it should be.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very delicios food, i eat shnitzel with fries and the friend eat 1/3 meter wurst. The personal was not very kindful, but i think is thipical for this type of restaurants in Germany. The beer was also top. Location is great.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I visited this restaurant during the fair IMM 2020 for a dinner with my colleague. We ordered our dinner and the waitress number 8 collected the order with a mistake. We asked to her kindly to correct our order. She did it.
When we received the bill to pay, I try to pay our bill with my credit card of a primary european (Mastercard). Her electronic pos did not accepted my credit card and I tried to reply to her - very kindly - that it was very strange because it never happed in all my life. That waitress number 8 threw down on the table my credit card with rudeness and unheard of anger!!! I asked to her the reason of her reaction and she answered to me that she did not to lose time with people like me. I'm a established professional gentlemen of 50 years. I did not reply her and I went to her chief manager to inform regarding her not polite attitudes. So, I informed the Chief Manager of the Gaffel am Dom but she answered to me just only ".....I'm sorry" and she did not called the waitress number 8 to clarify the embarrassed matter in my presence. I think strongly that if I was a german person they did not behaved with me in that not polite way. I was just a Italian client.
I never come back in that racism restaurant for the rest of my life. I don't suggest this restaurant to everybody.

1  Thank 782flavios
Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

We ended up there by mistake and were embarrassed to leave after we were seated. We were looking for an authentic German restaurant and after looking the menu we figured we were in the wrong restaurant. But they had the best Wienerschnitzel we had.

We had water and I was surprised when we got the check. It was 17.80 euros. It was certainly the most expensive water ever.

Price is on the high end but the quality was good. Would give 5 stars if water was not so expensive.