art'otel cologne
$90
$86
$124
1,130 results
All reviewschocolate museumthe riverpainted glasschino latino restaurantxl roomroof terracegreat hotela river view roommodern artmodern hotelcorner roomcoffee machineold townminute walksingle duvetschristmas marketthe air conditioning
Reviewed April 7, 2014

As a European who has lived in the US for 12 years, I am not an easy customer: I expect great service and a lot of space without compromising on modern luxury and practical design. It's rare to find hotels that manage to fit all these things into their standard rooms, but art'otel managed this very well.
I booked just one night in this Hotel with Hotwire. When I got to the Hotel my first thought from the outside was, 'oh god, this hotel is located in the middle of traffic', given the fact that there is a very busy street going right passed it. But once inside, I was greeted by an artsy oasis of quietness. The lobby was light and breezy, and the young man at the counter was very friendly. I was in luck as the hotel was overbooked and as a result I got a room towards the back, overlooking the water. If you can, ask for such a room, as the views are quite nice. The room was quite amazing. It was large, with a long white counter which comes in quite handy both as a computer desk but also to deposit the many things you accumulate on a trip. There were cool modern chairs, a comfortable bed and really cool art hanging on the walls. I liked the 'art gallery concept' where the room is mostly decorated in white to make the art pop. Another great touch was the painted glass window separating the bedroom from the bathroom. Many of my American friends hate the concept of seethrough windows between bed and bath, and I cant blame them. I though that this was a great concept where you cant see from the bedroom into the bathroom, but at the same time, the light from the bedroom passes through the painted glass. One other great detail was the fact that the room had an extended part, almost like an enclosed 'minibalcony', also all glass. Here you can look down to the river and see the boats pass by.
I consider myself a bathroom snob. I am especially sensitive about unpractical showes and bad water pressure. None of these were a concern here, quite the opposite. The shower was quite magnificent! The one thing that seemed a bit odd was tha tthe sink was integrated into the long white counter outside the bathroom. But this didn't bother me, and I can imagine that if you travel as a couple, it comes in quite handy to be able to use the sink as the other person uses the shower or toilet.
All in all, I couldnt be happier with my room. I got a great deal, but would certainly be willing to pay more next time to make sure that I can stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a slightly more expensive room looking towards the river!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
PhilipSkitch, General Manager at art'otel cologne, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your long and detailed review. I am very glad you "got" the hotel, and enjoyed your stay with us. I think there is no hotel with such amazing views over the Port, and the River Rhine.

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed in the art'otel with friends over the Carnival period.

Hotel is in a good location - about a 10 minute walk from the old town/centre along the river so not dead central but a comfortable (and flat) walk away.

The hotel has a very trendy vibe, is very modern and immaculately clean. I was impressed. The bar area is nice to have a drink in.

Rooms are extremely quite considering you are next to a road and we stayed over carnival weekend we didn't hear a thing!

Average price tag for the rooms, considering it was carnival i think we probably paid a premium but i didn't feel ripped off for the quality of hotel.

Staff were friendly and very knowledgable about cologne - reception gave us some useful tips and the usual annotated map (always handy!).

There is a sauna etc on the top floor so take your shorts.

Breakfast is overpriced as usual (i think about 15 euros per person but i might be a bit out on that).

Parking is expensive as usual with these hotels. 20 euros for 24 hours so it adds up over the course of a three/four night stay.

Room Tip: It's worth booking a corner room for the extra space and bigger bathrooms if you can.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
PhilipSkitch, General Manager at art'otel cologne, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thanks so much for the wonderful review.

We do keep our breakfast and Parking rates in line with the lo´cal competition, and I am afraid that yes it is quite high in Cologne.

Hope to see you really soon again.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I spent five days in Art'Otel Cologne and found it a good place for business purpose.
Nicelocated - 15 minute walk and 5 minute drive from Railway Station and famous Cologne Cathedral. Lindt chocolate museum, mustard museum and Olympic Cologne museum are located just few minutes away.
Modern, clean rooms with the rest of interior partially under renovation during my stay.
Coffee machine and possibility to verify your account on TV were some additional advantages.
Good breakfasts, small conference rooms available and perfectly served.
Something to improve - it took several days to clear my guarantee deposit from my credit card. we also missed hot water one morning.

Room Tip: Take the room facing the channel and Olympic Museum. This will be much more quite than opposite side facing a busy street.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer

Thanks for your review. I am glad everything was great, although you seem to have had an issue with the approval process for your credit cards. I can assure you we are no different from all shops and hotels, so I don't really know what to say except really sorry.

See you soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We booked 2 rooms in summer 2013. Our stay was convenient. The rooms stylish and the location great, as we were next to the Rhein and the centre. We have to really complain about one detail: The outdoor area was reservated for some special people, which we couldn´t understand. That`s simply not done. We thought this nice terrace would be accessible for all hotel guests. The weather was fine and we had to sit inside to have our drinks.
A+W from Aachen

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks so much for the nice review.

Sorry that the Terrace had other people on it! I am aftraid sometimes (rarely) we have wedding receptions, baptisms, etc privately booked. We normally keep the terrace for our guests in Spring and Summer.

See you soon I hope

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Situated at a nice 15 minutes walk along the river Rhine via the Altmarkt to the Dom of Cologne.
A lot of parking spots around.
Very young arty hotel. Nice staff with cool attitude.
The breakfast is outstanding.
Got an upgrade to a room with view over the small harbor and river.
Would stay there again for the surroundings.

Room Tip: ask for rooms with river view (upgrade possible for EUR 10). Nice view and quite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks so much for the review. I am glad you enjoyed the surroundings and the breakfast so much. Cologne is a lovely place to be, and where we are located by the Rhine is unique and fun.

See you soon.