A&o Koln Neumarkt
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$249
$208
$106
$101
  • Pool
$86
  • Restaurant
Premiere Classe Hotel Koeln-West(Cologne)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Bar/Lounge
$123
Travelocity
  • Room Service
All reviewscheap stayfree wifiwalking distancesingle roomvisiting colognebusiness tripeuroscathedraltoiletmirrordom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We paid about £38 a night for a private double room in this place and it really was good value. Our room was large and clean, nothing fancy but it did the job. If you're considering walking from the train station then go for it, it's only about a 20 - 25 minute walk and we managed just fine with large backpacks. The hostel bar is also good, even though when we were there all the other guests were sat on laptops rather than socialising. I think that's quite sad for a hostel. The fact that free wifi is only available downstairs and not in the rooms possibly contributed towards this: my only gripe.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is the first time I've stayed in a hostel/hotel. Though my hotel room had very limited amenities I did really enjoy the community ones. They had a small store open 24 hours and the bar was very cheap since it catered to students. Also, the had a laundry machine in the basement which was a life saver.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2014

After waiting almost 20 minute for the check in I made it. Staff is nice (They must consider a bit more having two or three people in the reception, just in the rush time (check in starting time). I got a room sheairng with 6, good price, really clean, despite of the fact the room in this case was quite small. The 137 to be more specific. In general was a good time.. One bad experience was when I came back around 23:30 I found that one German girl took my stuffs and put them in another bed because she wanted to be in the same bed than her friend. I literrally got freaking angry, just as a general comment POPLE NEEDS TO KNOW HOW TO RESPECT OTHERS SPACE.

Room Tip: Probably the room series like 137, 237, 337, 447, 557 which I guess are in the same position than the one I stayed (137), are triangular rooms which make it quite tiny. Just avoid it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I arrived late on Saturday night, and it took a while to get checked in…there was a lot of pre-going out drinking going on in the lobby bar, so it was quite noisy. The rooms are plain and functional, with clean and tidy bathrooms. The hostel is a little far from the city centre (about a 15 min to the cathedral), but not far from the u-bhan, and easy to get to from the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very clean and safe with security guards patrolling corridors at night to keep down the noise. Would recommend it. The food is good and the staff are friendly and helpful. The shower was amazingly powerful and hot, better than some hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business