“Best lebanese I have ever had”
Review of Beirut

Beirut
Ranked #13 of 2,437 Restaurants in Cologne
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Altstadt-Nord
Cologne, Germany
“Best lebanese I have ever had”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Lebanese is my favourite cuisine, and I have tried many, many restaurants all over the world, even in places like jordon where the food should be most authentic, but I have to say this restaurant just wins me over every time. It has the best chicken I have had cooked in any way (schiesh taok), so very tender and full of flavour, served with a dellicous garlic puree (thom) and everything is served with lovely bread until you can eat no more! Brilliant value and a huge variety. Love the staff, and on occasion they have been known to bring out a little mint tea on them, or a pudding to share. Can't recommend it more

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Wonderful food!!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We live nearby and have walked past it loads of times without trying it out.
Finally, on recommendation from a colleague, we tried it.
I can't believe what we've been missing all this time!

Wonderful food, good service, nice atmosphere.

We shared a falafel starter - just as well. 6 Falafel and a load of salad.
Main course, my wife had the starter platter which consisted of 10 different starters. It sounds a massive amount but was a good size, not too much.
I tried one of the lamb kebab dishes with rice.

Everything was excellent, very tasty indeed.

The lebanese beer was also nice.

We both tried a puff pastry dessert. Very small but they are cheap also so no problem there.

I ended the evening with a lebanese coffee. VERY strong!!!

We will both definitely be back here!

“Excellent meal”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was the first time my husband and I have ever tried Lebanese food and I can honestly say, I'm a fan! This restaurant is very tiny and quite busy so reservations are probably a good idea. We shared a starter of Falafel and for our mains my husband had the lamb kebab in tomato sauce and I decided to try the Beirut-Teller which has 10 different items on it. The menu doesn't actually say what comes on this plate but from what I can figure out (ok I'm guessing) I believe what was on there was a falafel, Tabbouleh, hummas and there were 2 other dips I'm not sure what they were, other than delicious! There was also 4 different warm starters on the plate. All in all, I'm so glad for my first time trying Lebanese food I ordered the teller, you get a great assortment of foods to try. Even though the restaurant was busy our service was good and our food came out quite quickly. After supper my husband decided to try a Lebanese coffee and really enjoyed it. I'm not a fan of coffee but took a tiny sip of his and have to admit, it wasn't bad at all! We both highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely go back again!

Amsterdam
“Perfect”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great food, wonderful staff. Eat here when you are in Cologne!

Tip: do not order a main dish, eat some of the hot and cold starters (like falafel and lams sausages).

Hennef, Germany
“Excellent Middle Eastern Specialties”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

On our last trip to Cologne, we had just gotten up from eating lunch when we discovered Beirut. We bought some desserts as take-out an decided to come back to eat the next time we were in Cologne. Today was the day and it was excellent!!! We had several appetizers and shared two main courses. The service was very friendly and had several suggestions for us to try. The food arrived promptly and was fresh-made. My favorite was the tabbouleh (parsley salad) and the hummus (ground chick peas). There are lots of restaurants that cater to tourists, but this one is authentic. The location is about 10 minutes from the Dom and only a short walk from the Rhine river. I highly recommend it!

Visited June 2013