“Nice place but ....”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Altstadt-Süd
Reviewed January 11, 2014

After reading all the good reviews in TA we decided to go to this restaurant in Koln. I asked a receptionist in the hotel to book a table of us a day in advance at 6 pm they accepted our reservation and gave us space to finish our meal up to 8.30 pm.
We were on time or a little earlier and finished early. The restaurant was almost empty except of one or two tables but later more and more people came. They were over strict to manually and carefully decorate each table.
I shocked when I saw the menu that it is printed on ++++18 pictures. Later I found that there are more and more disgusting pictures on the walls. I cannot see any good reasons for keeping such pictures in a restaurant that may host children. I was happy in the beginning because there were no children in the place but just before we finish a family arrived with two young girls.
So I would not recommend this restaurant to a family with children for sure.
One of the staff who took our order was a bit serious and never smiled at all which was inconvenient.

About the food:
Food was nice and tasty however the lamb jalfrezi had no sauce so we did not like it much although we ate everything up.

2  Thank Sofiah123
There are newer reviews for Kamasutra Indian Restaurant

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our family is really demanding when it comes to Indian food. At Kamasutra we were really satisfied to the extent as if we were in India. The variety was great, taste was excellent and service was really good. The food was prepared to our taste and not only tickled our taste buds but also satisfied our desire for Indian food in Europe.

2  Thank Satyadeep S
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I can honestly say that for the price, which was excessive, I have eaten in far better places. On my first visit, which was at 8.0 pm Thursday 26/9/2013 I was informed that they had no tables free until 10.15 fair enough, but I could reserve a table for Friday night. @ 6.45 pm. I did this, anticipating a good meal. I arrived at the establishment at 6.30 pm and was asked to wait, and eventually sar down at 6.55pm. 5 minutes later I was given the wine list and menu. I ordered and waited. At 7.20 pm my order arrived and I started to eat. I had barely finished my first course at 7.45 pm and was told that my table was booked for another diner at 8.0 pm. My unfinished order was put into takeaway trays, bill was thrust into my hands. My two drinks came to 17 euros and my meal was 35 euros, total 52 euros!! for truly appalling service. When I protested about the rush, I was told I had to book at least 3 days in advance in order to eat comfortably!! This point conveniently overlooked when I booked on the Thursday evening. Avoid at all costs!!

2  Thank Chris Y
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant last September. We will be returning this September. Not only the best Indian food in Koln but one of the best Indian restaurants you will ever find. Family owned restaurant. Greet service. Greet food. Don't miss it.

1  Thank elhalljr
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A great meal, good service, and a pleasant environment. Reservations are recommended as it can be quite busy even during weekdays.