“Excellent food and service”
Review of Amabile

Amabile
Ranked #13 of 2,696 Restaurants in Cologne
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

A cozy yet professional restaurant. The staff was super friendly and welcoming. They looked after us without being obtrusive and the food was more than delicious. We definitely enjoyed it!

Reviewed September 10, 2018

This is a great restaurant, with gorgeous food and very friendly and professional staff. I will be recommending it to friends and family.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

We had a three-course dinner (55 Euro) here and it was great. Surprising dishes and excellent service. Good choice of wines too.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Small restaurant offering French international fusion menu 3 course was 45 Euro and 4 courses 55 Euro
You could mix and match from all menu choices. Everything we chose was lovely, the Salmon was perfect for my liking however would have been considered to be over cooked for Australian standards as we tend to eat it with a nice pink wobble in the centre ( only seared top and bottom with a very very crispy seasoned skin)! The veal was cooked to perfection & delicious. Good wine selection. Well worth a train ride from the Hbf Koln if you are visiting. Highly recommended. Thank you

Reviewed July 3, 2018

After log evaluation and intensive review analyses I finally decide to book a table for Sunday 1st July '18 for my wife birthday hoping to enjoy nice food and peaceful atmosphere.
Well , atmosphere was peaceful because to not many people for Sunday evening .This was in contrast with nearby restaurants that where full ..but when food came , we found out why.
I think chef was away that evening otherwise I can't explain 'disaster' from our plate .. not completely disaster but definitively not what I expect from premium plate of 28 euros. I have order Tuna steak, and this came within decent waiting time , nice plate mounted , fresh ingredient but unfortunately tasteless , not the flavour’s you expect to get , missing the 'soul' of the food .. it was just ordinary food.
My wife order "Confit lamb leg" .. wrong decision , she could hardly cut a piece and I proudly help her with second one ... on thirst she decide to enjoy the leaf from the plate ..beside meat quality , tastes did not harmonise ..flavours where just superficially and not deep into the food.
We had a glass of wine that came with confetti ( from the bottle ) seams have a party night before and this bottle survive. Anyhow with apologises and small joke second attempts was free from 'bonus object' but this make me wander about condition wine bottlers are kept !
Staff was nice, passing few time and ask if the food is ok ..we prefer to suffer in silence and not ruin our evening.
My experience coming in contrast with review I have read but this is reality and not what you will expect for fine dining restaurant with $$$$ prices.
Hope you will have better experience. I will definitively not going there for second attempt.