“Fish and Chips - The Reference!”
Review of Fiddlers

Fiddlers
Ranked #147 of 725 Restaurants in Bonn
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bonn, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fish and Chips - The Reference!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Service was not very knowing but very, very friendly. We 've had "The Signature Dish": Fish and Chips prepared in an excellent way with fresh juicy fish, delicious pea-mint-cream, remoulade and thumb thick french fries. I 've never had such good F&C. Here you can expierence what F&C should be! Besides: the beer is good too...

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Peter E

• Hungarian first
Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
“Ein swingender Burger”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Back in the days, when we used to entertain the Fiddler's upstairs crowd with our little jazz ensemble once a week, many were the times when we strengthend us first with a good old classic, Dubliner or even four napkin burgers - once I was unable to play for half an hour because i had unerestimated the time the body needs to recover from the latter, much to the amusement of my colleagues. The bass player always eats. It's a jazz clichee. It's false.

So, This Friday I decided it was Burger Time again. Of course you come across burgers everyday, you have level one, which would be the take away pizza place burger, you have level two, which is the fast food diner department, then to higher level restaurants where the burgers are decent and worth their price. And i would set the Fiddler's Burger around that level, an excellent meal in a cozy surrounding, especially if your planning on adding a pint or two.

The burger is served arranged, so it's surrounded by self made fries and the elements are not on top of each other but temptingly open to see: the bun and meat (both handmade from bakery and butchery in the vicinity) are thick and juicy containing shaved red onions, green salad (thank god no iceberg) tomato, finely slit cucumber, mayonnaise and ketchup that keep the bread good and moist till the end - which has in fact little oat flakes on top that makes it special. Everything is topped off with a cherry tomato on a spike holding the burger together and a little cup of delicious homemade sauce, where you can either dip the fries or the burger in.

I could hold back no longer! The fries were perfectly salten, and to avoid repetition: nothing about this burger was fat. Not the meat, not the sauce no grease dribbling down the bun .- this is good clean food. Next to the meat, that had a deep, tasty and yet not overspiced quality the other highlight was the onion bun with the oat flakes. - It's taste was remarkably good but not dominating or intruding at all, it was very gentle with me and let all the other flavors come to full effect.

I had reached the point of no surrender, where the flag of the army, the sole cherry tomato had fallen and everything became possible. There was the onion bread though, holding a lot together even still. Things came to an end and I brought the army home. No one was spared.

All the while I enjoyed the good company of Bonn' probably most friendly and reliable bartender/serviceman : MIke! That Stout was what i needed to finish things off.

As I left the bar swinging I remembered to good old days fondly and thought: I wish I could send one of these meat compositions back there - Thanks a lot to Ray, Mike and the Fiddlers !

• Visited February 2013
Galway, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Pub!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The fiddlers is a great place to visit, the staff are brilliant, helpful and friendly. Food was great and the atmosphere was spectacular. One of the best weekends I have ever had away!
We will definatley be back next year!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank gillianrooney
“Great spot”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Had a great night at the Karaoke last weekend with my friends. We had the burger with fries which looked liked it was home made & tasted yum yum hoping to return very soon again..

Jerusalem
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

It became a tradition to visit Fiddlers every time i'm in Bonn. The bartenders are brits and ausies (at list from my experience), beers are pretty standard, hard to find a parking. In general it's quite hard to find Fiddlers if you're unfamiliar with the area. The place is very cozy, comfy lit, not bad for a couple of pints. The neighborhood is also very cute in German way. I like it.

• Visited July 2010