“Nice, confortable and modern”

Best Western Hotel Kaiserhof
Ranked #27 of 79 Hotels in Bonn
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice, confortable and modern”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had a pleasant stay at this hotel. Though my room was a little small, it was enough for the three nights me and my boyfriend stayed there. For a single person it might be just the necessary for a short stay. Since we were travelling with some luggage, it was a little tricky to storage everything. I have stayed on the 4th floor, which is the highest (and therefore probably quieter than the other floors). The only downside is that the elevator goes only until the 3rd floor and you have to climb up the stairs carrying your luggage. Besides that, the room and bathroom are confortable, tidy and recently renewed.

The hotel staff is young and kind. Breakfast is very nice too. The hotel is very well located in the center of Bad Godesberg (before a town, now a district from Bonn). If you are travelling on business, it is really close to many companies and institutions (former Ministries buildings, in the South part of Bonn). If you need to go downtown or are in Bonn for leisure, the train and metro station are literally across the street. Really close to the hotel are several shops, restaurants and supermarkets.

I would definetly stay there again.

Room Tip: If carrying a lot of luggage, avoid staying at the 4th floor. The rooms might also be a little bigge...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Celje
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Bonn and Siegburg hotels were at my visit to Bonn full or too expensive to my limited budget because of fair in Cologne. So I choose Hotel Kaiserhof in Bad Godesberg. I came to hotel at approx. 9 p.m. and reception area and exterior of hotel was not looking promising in matter of fact pretty poor and worn out. Hotel room was located at the corner of the building in the first floor. I haven't been a lot of times before in so newly furnished and so functionally equipped room. It was a complete surprise for me. Room was also one of the cleanest and also very spacious. Breakfast was nothing special but also of fair quality.
Next day I have a meeting in area near Postal Tower and location in Bad Godesberg is just 10 minutes away with tram.
So excellent location and excellent room. I am waiting for next visit.

Room Tip: First floor at the corner of building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tampa Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The Hotel Kaiserhof in Bonn is not a 4 star hotel; but the hotel is one of the cleanest, well managed hotels in the area, and I cannot speak highly enough of the staff and its management.

There are not a lot of frills or amenities here; the hotel is typically European, the beds are comfortable, and the bathrooms equipped with modern, efficient fixtures. None of the little shampoo/hand lotion/shower cap freebies....No "Euro-Fixtures/bidets" that Americans aren't exactly sure what to do with; and most importantly, as with most all European hotels, there are no wash cloths! (There are a number of department stores and dollar stores just around the corner, including Woolworths that sell such items however!)

The hotel is situated very conveniently in Bad Godesberg, which is a charming picturesque community of Bonn, (once housing most of the international diplomatic contingency when Bonn was the capitol of the FRD). There are excellent restaurants, one German cuisine restaurant is just right around the corner from the hotel called "Maternus", and the hotel is right adjacent to the Bad Godesberg outside mall/shopping district, which is loaded with personality and contains a Rewe (Grocery Store) and every type of shop and store that one could think of or seek out.

The Hotel is also situated right across the street from the Bad Godesberg bahnhoff, so travel outside of Bad Godesberg/Bonn is made easy if you are traveling by train.

An underground parking garage, less than a block away is provided by the hotel; the cost is €9.00 per day, and that is literally a bargain for anywhere in Europe!

The hotel is very well insulated. If you open the windows, you hear the trains, but again, the only time I noticed this was when I had the windows open, and the hotel is heated/air conditioned; the temperature within quite comfortable.

Excellent, high speed wireless connections!

The breakfast is excellent, a wide variety of meats, (typical Europeans, they don't know how to fry bacon until it's crispy!) eggs, cereals, breads, etc.

There is no ice machine....One can buy bags of ice at any gas station or even at the Rewe grocery store for €3.00 and there are mini-fridges in the rooms. A bag of ice will last two or three days.

Room Tip: If available, and for a very nominal charge, ask for the upgraded room(s); they are much larger an...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I've stayed there for work and my single room was on the top of the building. There was no elevator to the top. The room was very small with a decent size of toilet. It was all newly renovated with nice furnitures. I have noticed that the room smelt like cigarettes at night time and I asked the reception about it. They said there shouldn't be any smoking rooms in the hotel. I suspect that the smoke comes from a nightclub next door through a ventilation in the toilet. Breakfast was a great value. Overall, it was good value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Just came back from staying a week at this hotel while my husband was on business and I was along for the trip. We took a taxi from the Cologne airport to the hotel for $50 USD. The hotel is charming, very clean, and the rooms are very small but the space is utilized in a very efficient manner. We were given a very small room at first with skylights instead of windows and asked for another room. The elevator only goes to the third floor and you have to take the stairs to the fourth floor. The desk clerk was very nice and her English was adequate for us to be able to communicate with her. She did give us a better room facing the back of the hotel. The bathroom was tiny and there was not bar soap or amenities. Just liquid hand soap and liquid body gel and shampoo combination. B breakfast has been described by a previous reviewer and it was plenty for us. The coffee was not good at all. However, we enjoyed our stay there. The location is very convenient because the train station is across the street and there is a good information office in front of the train station. It is very convenient to take the train to the center of Bonn (about 5 minutes) and to the center of Cologne. We had to leave for the airport at 5 AM and asked them the day before to book a taxi for us. They did and offered to have breakfast ready for us at 4:30 AM before we left. This was a very nice and unexpected gesture. The person that was at the front desk actually was the one who had breakfast ready for us. When we showed up he had laid out many of the breakfast items and had a table and coffee ready for us. We really appreciated this gesture.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that the elevator doesn't go to the 4th floor. Get a corner room if one is availabl...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I travelled to Germany to attend the Anuga Fair which was to be held at Kolnmesse which is in Cologne. Since I was traveling on a budget and the hotels in Cologne were expensive, the travel agent suggested that I stay in a hotel in Bonn and then just take the train into Cologne to get to the fairgrounds. This was how I came to be booked at Hotel Kaiserhof. The room rate for a single room was only around US$150 compared to the US$250 quoted for the hotels in Cologne.

The hotel, albeit small, looked quite charming from the outside. I was told that it used to be a mansion and had been converted into a hotel. They did not have a bellman and the elevator was very small. In fact, I had to take a 2nd trip to get my 2nd luggage.

The room was very small and it was really a single room because a 2nd person wouldn't fit. The bed was a single bed along the wall. There was a table by the wall on the other side and a tv. There was a window you could look out of and see the train station. The bathroom was quite spotless with only a shower and no amenities like soap and shampoo. It was quite spartan but I came to love my room because it was comfortable and I had quite a good sleep on the bed.

They offer free breakfast each morning in a charming room which had plates as decor on the wall. Breakfast never varied. It was always fruit, scrambled eggs, rolls, a selection of deli meats, lox, cream cheese, butter, marmalade, juice, coffee and milk with some cereals. But I enjoyed the food.

The train is a short walk from the hotel and it was very convenient to travel to Cologne every morning. The train leaves every half hour or so. There is also a convenience store in the train station and I would buy water and some chips there.

There is also a desk top computer at the lobby of the hotel which guests can use for free. I, myself did not bring my laptop so I can't say if they offer wifi.

The manager was very helpful. I had to ask him about the location of a shoe store I was looking for and he gave me a map and some instructions on how to get there. The problem was that the map was in German but even so, I was able to find the shop.

That was how I found out that there was a commercial area at the back of the hotel. I managed to make a few purchases at an H&M and M&S.

If you need a cab to take you to the airport, you have to inform the front desk so they can arrange it for you.

My stay was quite pleasant and I have no complaints. This is because I wasn't expecting too much as I was there really to work and not to vacation.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business