“Not a four star !!!”

President Hotel
Ranked #21 of 79 Hotels in Bonn
“Not a four star !!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and was v disappointed. I am shocked that this very mediocre hotel is a 4 stars.
Location is terrible as the hotel is built over a highway which makes opening the windows virtually possible. The decoration is depressing. No free wifi.
The rooms are ok but nothing especial. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012
PresidentBonn, Direktionsassistent at President Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Kuku18,

first of all we would like to thank you for choosing the President Hotel as your destination Hotel for your last trip to Bonn. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments with us.

With regret we learned that you were not satisfied with your stay.

With the distributor road leading to the motor way underneath and the busy shopping mile Clemens-August-Straße it may well be noisy during the day, though the location is mostly valued for its closeness to the city center and lovely neighbourhood.

We are sorry that our establishment did not match your taste; we try to meet everybody’s fancies within a realizable dimension.

The Internet is offered by a private provider simply to protect us from unpleasant legal consequences. We are checking other options and hopefully soon we will find a costumer friendly solution.

Dear Kuku18, despite your experience we hope to welcome you back at the President Hotel in the future!

With best regards from Bonn

Kathrin Wenzel
Assistant to the Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We spent a night at the President as it was beside the botanic gardens which we were visiting. The staff were friendly the room was comfortable ... and we were charged what our booking agent said we would pay.

It was ideal for one night even though it was built over a noisy main road so we had to keep the windows tightly shut overnight.

It is in a good part of Bonn and the road in which it is situated has a number of pleasant shops and restaurants. It is also on three buses to the town centre and railway station so travel was not a problem. You can also walk just over a mile from the hotel in parks and reach the river Rhine.

Room Tip: Good in every respect except that it is built over a main road and the rooms at the back overlook he...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SergeLourie
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The hotel is in a nice location for people visiting the university. However, I was quoted €450 for a week's stay and was charged €521. I was told that they'd follow up by email before I arrived, but they didn't. I was told at check-in that they knew that I had overpaid, but it would be handled at check-out. When I came to check-out, I was told that the manager didn't work at the weekend and no-one knew about the matter...so I'm out €70. I feel rather badly treated because of this!

The beds, as mentioned in other reviews, are pretty soft and are uncomfortable if you sleep on your front. The hotel was reasonably quiet, but I was woken by house-keeping at 9.15am on the Saturday morning. The breakfast was pretty good, but the beer from the bar was not - if it was available. I tried to get a beer at 11.30pm on a Thursday evening, but was told that the bar was closed and that was quite annoying. Internet access was extra on the room rate, which is standard in Germany, but frustrating compared to a lot of other countries...especially since this hotel seems to have a lot of business travellers. A double room was two singles pushed together...not even a double mattress! If I was to come to Bonn again, I'd likely try to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kryptikmo

Travelers are raving about these Bonn hotels

Celje
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I came to hotel at early in the evening. Girls at the reception were not very friendly. They gave me a room that had very strange odor. I requested another room but received smoking room with the explanation that hotel is fully booked. Hotel is nothing special and in my opinion is not the 4 star hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Located about 15 minutes walk from center of city and from train station, this is a very good and reasonably priced hotel. Breakfast is convenient and quite good; staff are very friendly and typically bi-lingual (at least)> Hotel is quiet and comfortable, located in a two-block area with small shops and restaurants, and residential area....felt very much an excellent home-base for Bonn-Cologne area. Rooms are clean, comfortable, and good temperature.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Weston, FL
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Best XXL Schnitzel that you can find in Bonn (Euro 17.70). Elegant place, highly recommend.
I cannot comment on the hotel, since I did not use it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends