TOP Hotel Consul
$119
$116
Orbitz.com
$154
Hotel Am Hohenzollernplatz(Bonn)(Great Value!)
$100
$87
All reviewswifi connectionsmall squarewifi worked wellwalking distanceplenty of hot waterbusiness tripair conditioningbreakfast was delicioustram stationnice hotelkettlegermany
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I spent months in this hotels, and I recommend it as one of the best. Rooms are very clean and the satff is friendly. Breakfast is pretty variant and tasteful.
The only issue is related to pay tv, which is sometime charged randomly.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Stayed there for business and a second choice after Hilton Bonn. The hotel is very clean especially the bed sheets and towers in the room. I like the location being close to supermarket, center, tram station is 2 min walk and the shopping is just stone thrown away.
The reception staffs are friendly and response adequately when you ask for something. Wi-fi is free which is a bonus. There are some minus points I don't like about the hotel. The lobby area allows smoking ,sometimes you can smell it when you are at the dining room having breakfast and worse, you will be with the smokers sharing the lobby waiting for taxi. The price of the hotel varies as well, but it is not very far away from Hilton therefore I expect a little more.

It is a good hotel if you are not very picky.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This hotel lived up to my expectations, and was good value for money. The hotel is not fancy, but it has all the basic ammenities one can expect at a 3 star property. The hotel is centrally located, with the shops, restaurants and sights of Bonn within easy walking distance.

My room (on the first floor, overlooking the parking lot at the rear) was quiet, well maintained, and always clean. It had a minibar (which I did not use), a nice new flatscreen TV and lots of space. Rooms of the same type do however seem to vary in size, as some of the other people in my group had smaller rooms.

The hotel offers free wifi, which is available in the rooms. During my stay they had issues with the wifi network, which can of course happen. However, the way this was handled by the front desk staff was a bit strange. Upon checking in I was given an access code to the network, and I used this throughout my stay, with only the occational (once or twice in 3 hours of using the network) drop in the connection. This was fine, but other members of my group were not given access codes because the front desk said the network was down. This meant that the members of my group that wanted to access the internet could use the hotel wifi via my laptop, but they were refused codes for their own machines. This issue lasted the entire duration of my stay, which was 3 nights.

The breakfast buffet was included in my room rate, and was decent. The breakfast staff was very attentive and friendly.

The only real negative I encountered was that they have set up a spot for smokers directly next to the front door, which meant that we had to walk through this to enter and exit the hotel. In addition, when returning to the hotel one evening, we encountered someone smoking inside the building, in the seating area in the reception. This was in plain view for the receptionist, who sadly enough did not stop the smoker from smoking inside.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Working as a international company, I am travelling a lot, and this is the worst hotel I have ever been to. Sleep at the airport or train station instead of going to this hotel..
Mean people at the reception, bad service, smoking and dirty rooms, bad location!!
We arrived at the hotel aroung 4.am, and they told us that they will not leave us outside and not charge us anything extra, but the last day, they did not let us go in to our rooms without paying for the extra day (we had prepaid the 4 days)!!! We told them that while checking in we were told that we were not going to be charged anything extra, however they said that no one at their hotel could say anything like that, then we told them to take out the camera records and the reply we got was "I do not want to watch the camare records!!"
so only for a few hours extra they charged us EUR 270.- for two rooms altough while checking in they had said that they were not going to charge us anything extra!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Ozge B
Reviewed August 15, 2011

It's a true 3 star hotel. Do no expect anything fancy although it is going under partial renovation and could become more modern in the near future.
It is a great value for money hotel in a great location as it's in the center of Bonn and everything is within walking distance.
My room was normal size, very clean, quite, the staff are very friendly and the internet is free.
The problem is that after 13:00 there is no room cleaning service, but they can give you extra towels and amenities if you ask the reception. Also there is no room service so any late night snack or meal you have to walk 2 min to the nearby petrol station, or McDonald's or Turkish restaurants (they normally are open until very late).

Room Tip: Ask for front facing rooms. My room was in the 3rd floor and it was very good. Floor 1 is more modern as it has been partialy renovated.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business