Centro Hotel Bristol
V-Hotel(Bonn)
$103
$147
  • Breakfast included
Mercure Hotel Bonn Hardtberg(Bonn)(Great Value!)
$95
Hotel Baden(Bonn)(Great Value!)
$102
$73
Priceline
All reviewsbusiness tripnice hotelmarie antoinettetrain stationparking housesingle roomswimming poolreasonable sizeold styletown centrestayed here for nightsbeds were comfortableinternetvaluableshauptbahnhofeuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night only but very pleasant hotel, 5 minutes walk from the train station / university. Good room (123), quiet, with a nice view of the square. Breakfast room nice and airy, food simple but decent, staff polite and helpful. Can't comment on the dining room for an evening meal as I didn't use it. Whether it was worth €109 for one night however, is debatable. Less expensive at weekends I believe.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JLS0311
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed for one night on business recently. Following other trip advisor reviews I requested a higher room on the quiet side of tyhe building. I had to chase the request and ended up on the 2nd floor. This level of service needs to be improved. The room however was good, and I used room service which was very efficient and not expensive. teh front staff helped me with where to run in the mmorning and getting checked in. Charging for Wifi feels wrong as most other hotels I stay in do not charge. Breakfast and check out were good.

Room Tip: The room overlooking popplesdorf allee - very nice, but get a higher room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Stewartwwalton
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights during business trip. Hotel had everything you required and nothing was too much trouble. Staff were polite and helpful. Food was also good. Single room had adequate space and fully air conditioned.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2013

The Bristol is in a great location, and the staff are friendly and professional. The rooms are clean, the corridors with their trim are so much nicer than what one often finds these days. A special mention is deserved for Giacomo, the bartender. Warm and generous, he made us feel at home every evening after returning from business related dinner outings. Some things that didn't bother me too much but may be a concern for some was the size of the bed (a twin in my room, though one of my colleagues had two twins pushed together to form a "full") and the TV service is basic cable. There is no teapot or coffee maker in the room, which was annoying because room service doesn't begin until 11:00. Those who enjoy a fresh cup or three before going down to breakfast will be disappointed. The breakfast, au l'autre manche, was pretty good, especially if you get to the over easy eggs before they get cold. Good brotchen selection, and they had a fresh honeycomb you could cut a section from. All in all, worth a visit. I wavered between three and four stars, but Giacomo tipped the scale.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This week I was on a business trip to Bonn and our travel agency booked me at this hotel.
First the good: The breakfast buffet is very good and the service is good. Most of the waiters speak english and are very helpful.
In general the employees at the hotel are very nice and mostly young, only one person in the reception was a little"stiff".
The location is good and bad, the good is that it is walking distance from the downtown going through a passage under the RR tracks, but it is located close to the central train station.
There is WiFi provided by TMobile/Telekom and you buy a 24 hrs card that cost 4.95 euros and the connections are very good. This price is a bargain compared to most hotels in Europe.
The not so good: the hotel is old and it shows in the room. I had a room that was very small and the furniture looked bad. There was dust on the surfaces but the bathroom was clean. The carpet in the room was old and worn-out.
The room faced the road and the tram goes right buy and makes noise. When I asked to move to another room the receptionist said "tram stops at night so you won't have any problem" Yes, service stops but starts again very early and the noise of the brakes was irritating. I ended up wearing earplugs both nights so I could sleep.
I bought soap at the local DM Drogerie because the bar of soap was the size of a LifeSaver and the liquid soap in the shower is not good for the skin. Fortunately DM is only a block away from the hotel so I stocked up on bottled water.
The hotel is not prepare for business travelers, there are no power sockets with easy access to plug PC etc. When I asked I was given an extension cord with multiple sockets so after crawling under the desk to plug it I was able to get power for all my devices.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business