“No wonder it is empty on a Friday evening!”

China Restaurant Kaiser Palast
Ranked #368 of 725 Restaurants in Bonn
Neighborhood: Alt-Godesberg
Neighborhood: Alt-Godesberg
Lagos, Portugal
“No wonder it is empty on a Friday evening!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Inside the decor is nice, on a Friday evening only 3 tables occupied. The menu is not authentic Chinese.(German influenced) You can choose between sweet and sour sauce or curry sauce? We ordered some fried dumplings, that was more German style pastry. Then turnip cake, not good either. For main dishes we had fried noodles, pork, prawns and beef. We asked for Black Bean beef, it was not on the menu, but they could make that. That was the best.
The other dishes were below average. I cannot imagine anyone from China going there.

• Visited November 2012

Washington
“Nice food, atmosphere needs a little work”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I ate here twice during my stay in Bad Godesberg and really enjoyed both meals. The Kung Pao was very tastey as was the chicken curry and both represented excellent value for money. The staff were very nice and I found the service to be excellent. The only draw back is that on both visits I was the only customer in the restaurant. It served my purposes as I wanted some quiet to read in peace but for someone looking for a little more atmosphere this might be a problem.

Visited May 2012