“Cheap price, good food but small venue”
Review of May May Restaurant

May May Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 745 Restaurants in Bonn
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Zentrum
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've been to this restaurant many times for lunch and dinner with friends. Most of the time I ordered Pho and I must stay the taste is all the time good. The waitresses speak good English (I don't speak German) and are polite. Cocktails are a must try and the rolls are marvelous, they are crispy and not greasy. A room for improvement would be the venue, it was too small and crampy.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been to May May a few time since my husband and I moved to Bonn. As other comments, the menu is limited. I wouldn't say it's authentic as there are many dishes that they use substitute ingredients but the food tastes very good and that's the most important for me! The atmosphere is nice and the staff is very friendly. I love this place and will definitely go back many more times whenever I miss Asian food :)

1  Thank usahana79
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Tiny but stylish restaurant with good food and attentive service. Selection of meals are limited but all the better for it. Very fresh food, excellent tea. Highly recommended.

1  Thank astroboy1974
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I have lived in Bonn for almost two years and not frequented another restaurant as often. May May is a quaint Vietnamese restaurant with a warm atmosphere and friendly staff. The food is always served with fresh, tasty, authentic ingredients. In addition to their regular menu, there are weekly specials that feature seasonal ingredients.

You cannot go wrong with any meal you choose (all good portion sizes, too). On a cold night, I cannot go past the Pho with beef and fresh coriander. The juice shakes are fresh and compliment every meal.

The restaurant is small and seats ~ 20 people comfortably. The biggest table seats ~6, so don't plan go to there with a big group. No reservations are taken and the restaurant is popular with locals. If you desperately want to go there for dinner, I suggest you get there when it opens at 6pm or leave it to luck. They also offer a take away service for their entire menu except for the soups.

At first, I thought the menu was a little pricey as I am used to getting very cheap and tasty Vietnamese food back home, but when you compare what you get (taste and quantity) for the same price at other restaurants in Bonn it is actually reasonable.

1  Thank EuroSkips
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I have been to this restaurant several times. It is one of the few Vietnamese restaurants in the city of Bonn. The menu is limited, but with pictures of all the dishes, making it easy for people to order. Delicious food and freshly made. The service is good.
It is a small restaurant and is very busy at lunch times.

4  Thank diplomatBonn