“Amazing ambient ”

Cuisines: Asian, Delicatessen, Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Well, I've been here at least 50 times. It is a very nice place to chill and get good tea's which is not obviously in Bonn. Tea prices are absolutely OK for the quality you get. 2 things i dont like are unfriendly staff (sometimes) and no WIFI specialy when there is no reception inside the cafe.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

OK...we wanted a coffee, so we popped into the First Flush Tearoom. (My wife has been known to change her mind about what she wants to drink, so that is my excuse). The café looks really nice and cosy, with unusual décor and books on shelves for people to read. This is definitely a place for tea drinkers with many varieties to choose from. However we decided on coffee and a what was effectively a cheese and ham toasties each. (The food menu is very limited with no English version available). The coffee was actually one of the best we had in Germany, large, tasty and very hot. The sandwiches were a disappointment. Not much filling, not much taste and with toasted seeded bread that was doing a very good impression of a house brick. One thing that is worth mentioning is that the toilets in this café are the best I have ever seen, modern and spotlessly clean.
I think if someone had gone in for tea and a piece of cake it might have scored highly; but I have to be honest and on our visit the food let it down. At a few cents under 20 Euros it was expensive for what it was.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This has the best atmosphere and breakfast on Sunday morning. I don't speak German and they went out of their way to take care of me. I recommend it 100%.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I've been there more than once because of its convenient location just next to the old Stadthaus, and the nice relaxing atmosphere.
They offer a large variety of beverages at normal prizes.
The worst thing about this place is its service...It is very inconsistent and often slow (it may take up to 30 mins to get your drink...this has happened to me more than once).
Moreover, the staff is sometimes impolite and they get easily irritated if you bring along young children.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

After been reading many positive comments about this tearoom, I decided to check this place out. The location is very central, just in the market area in city centre of Bonn. The decoration is very unique, beautiful and cozy. My husband and I went there on Friday after noon, around 2ish and the place was packed. Since we had already had lunch from somewhere else, we ordered only drinks and a slice of cake to share. My husband had Kikucha tea (japanese tea) and I just had cappuccino. The drinks were nice. From the menu, there are quite a bit of variety of tea selection so if you are tea lover, definitely should check this place out. We had a slice of Käsekuchen (cheesecake) to share but unfortunately it was the worst cheesecake I have ever had. The cake was very dry and the taste was so bland. I was every disappointed. Not sure if other cakes are good but since I didn't have a good experience for my first time so not sure I will give it a try again. The price is a bit pricey compared to other cafe but you pay for atmosphere and service.