“Great business hotel. Stayed one night...”
Review of Kameha Grand

Kameha Grand
Ranked #5 of 79 Hotels in Bonn
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Great business hotel. Stayed one night. First time in Bonn. Very modern, chic, and friendly. Beautiful check-in staff. Location right on riverside. Limited breakfast buffet. Quiet location. Somewhat out of the way.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank jusmagk
Kameha_Grand_Bonn, Manager at Kameha Grand, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2010

Dear jusmagk,

short and crispy! Thank you for your comment!

We would be happy to once again welcome you in Bonn at the Life&Style hotel Kameha Grand Bonn.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 1, 2010

My wife and I booked the VIP Concert Package and it was just wonderful.

The Package was with one night in a premium double room or a junior suite for just 10 euro upgrade per person. We choose for the junior suite.

The check in went very smoothly and the staff is very handful. They take care of everything and let you feel welcome to their hotel.

The Junior Suite was just wonderful and very modern with all features you would expect from a five star hotel. The view was amazing through the big windows and let you see the dome of the hotel, specially by night is was amazing because of all the great use of light and colors. Toilet amenities were of good quality and amount. Bath slippers and bathrobe were also available in the room. The room was finished with souvenirs of the hotel and some wine in nice design standards. Although the price was very high it did look good to the room. The beds are of good quality and did give us a good night rest.

Because we booked the concert package we received the tickets on arrival. As there was a question about the tickets we went to the service desk and they didn’t know for sure if it was good or not. Within a 15 minutes waiting and a drink at their fantastic lounge they could tell us everything was good. So service is very good at this hotel.

We enjoyed the concert and decided afterwards to use their great bar with terrace whish had a great view over the Rine river. We ordered some wine and a hamburger that had a high price but it was worth every euro because the quality was perfect and the ambiance wonderful. Also the waiter is very kind but that counts for every staff member in this hotel.

The breakfast was very good and of high quality products. Even my wife enjoyed her best tea she ever had in any hotel or restaurant. It was made of fresh leaves and of very good quality. Also coffee was good and warm. There was a cook for baking eggs and other wishes. There was plenty of choice even fresh fruit was very good. We both enjoyed their beautiful terrace at the river Rine.

Also checking out gave us no problems and they gave us the feeling we would gladly return to this hotel again.

I can highly advise this hotel to anybody but not to people who don’t like future designed rooms and areas.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dutch_TA

Dear Dutch_TA,

many thanks for your words regarding your stay in June this year!

It makes me feel happy that you enjoyed the concert, followed by the hamburger in our Puregold Bar as well as your stay in one of our Junior Suites with the breakfast the next morning.

I already forwarded you praise to my colleagues! We would be happy to welcome you once again at your "Lieblingsplatz" in Bonn.

Reviewed July 18, 2010

This hotel is totally different - nothing like it anywhere in the world. It is like staying in a contemporary museum. The decor, design, the restaurants, spa, lobby, etc are all unique. We just loved exploring the hotel as you never knew what was around the next corner. The room is modern, unqiue and very functional. The service was absolutely outstanding in every part of the hotel. Food and beverage was very good. On top of it, you are located right on the Rhine River. At this hotel Guest Services really takes care of you and all your needs. If you are stuck on traditional luxury this hotel will not do for you. It is for someone who wants a differnt kind of experince and who appreciates creativity.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Gary003

Dear Gary003,

As you already mentioned, in the Kameha Grand Bonn one will experience extraordinary design paired with warm service, as we have interpreted a “Grand hotel” differently for our guests. Thank you for your suitable descrition of your stay.

We hope that you will return to Germany and visit us again!

Reviewed June 15, 2010

The experience of Kameha was simple the best! Be prepared to face the ultimate design, in a big scale with fantastic staff. The hotel himself brings you to another stage of glamour, style and tenderness. I spent a faboulous weekend with my wife and we had been pampered with romantic sexysphere! Kameha is really GRAND!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Kameha came up as a surprise hotel to stay at. It's a modern building with large glass facade on both front & back. The lobby, the corridors & the rooms have been tastefully done with a touch of art. The hotel, located on the river Rhine, has been designed by a Dutch architect with unique art pieces like huge flower vases. The ambience from lobby upto the rooms is carefully designed to attract attention-lots of dark colours like red & black used. Buffet breakfast is good with large variety. The Japanese restaurant on the top floor offers great sushi.

I was stuck in the hotel for 10 days due to flight disruptions on account of volcano ash from Iceland. The hotel managment, however, took care & tried to provide more personal service during my extended stay like quick laundry, arranging my travel etc.

The hotel is relatively new-opened in November 2009 and offers good comfort. The open air restaurant next to the Rhine river is nice to have lunch if it's sunny.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Dear DELHILife,

I hope that we could make your extended stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you for being with us such a long time and for sharing your impressions with other users on tripadvisor.de.

The International well-known designer Marcel Wanders created the design you mentioned. Good to hear that you like it.

We would be happy to welcome you once again in Bonn!

Kind regards

Reviewed June 9, 2010

I won't go into the design of this hotel. I found it horrible but that's a matter of taste. It's new, clean and shiny. Many people will like this. I no longer do. The hotel was booked for me by the organizer of a conference I was speaking at. It's a glass design with lots of steel. On the inside, I found the red hallways claustrophobic and the rooms gaudy. But again, this is my personal taste and others will like this design. Were this my only gripe, I'd give the hotel 4 stars since it was very clean, breakfast was good, and amenities, etc. were nice. Why only two stars then? Well, very simple. I couldn't sleep. I had one of the rooms facing the street. There's a train tracks nearby and with the windows closed, it's still so loud that it wakes you. Note, I am not a light sleeper and I could swear there was an open window somewhere. There wasn't. This alone is unacceptable, especially in such a new, supposedly modern building. Did they try to save on glass by getting the thin stuff? No Idea! Further, the check-in, without a real check-in is not very smart. There were lines every time I needed something and it all seemed kind of disorganized. Staff may still be new so this could get better but in general I was unimpressed by the service at reception and the bar/cafe in the reception area. Finally, I found the price to be ridiculously high for what you get. Th is Bonn and not NYC. I don't mind paying the price when it's about location but this place is in the middle of nowhere. Without a car, you're going nowhere. I won't be back but it's simply because so many things about this place didn't fit what I look for in a hotel at this rate and in this class of accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Joizee_HD

Dear Joizee_HD,

Thank you for your honest words regarding your stay in the Kameha Grand Bonn.

You mentioned the train track nereby the hotel. First of all, sorry for the inconvenience that you could not sleep the way you expected it. With only a few rooms we have this challenge. I would like to encourage you to speak to our reservation agents to reserve a quiet room for your next stay.

Since your stay in June 2010, we organized a quick check-in so we fixed the long challenge with long lines.

We would be happy to once again welcome you as our guest!

Reviewed June 4, 2010

We had an absolutly fab time at the 'kameha'. We just wanted a quick break and flew to Cologne/Bonn, which is only 20 min. away from the hotel. The hotel is not located directly in Bonn, but 5 min. outside and it is right next to the river Rhine. We couldn't do our evening scrolls into down town, but the setting of the hotel makes up for it.
The spa is fantastic and the two restaurants are also great. Food and Service are fab, but it can get pricy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple