Hotel Bielefelder Hof
$65
  • Room Service
$100
$78
Ibis Budget Bielefeld City Ost(Bielefeld)(Great Value!)
$65
TripAdvisor
All reviewstrain stationjunior suitebusiness tripbusiness hotelnice roomconvenient locationpleasant hotelcomfortable stayin room wifishopping districtmain stationshort walktop qualityexcellent breakfastwould return to this hotelfriendly and helpful staffthree nights
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I can't remember why I didn't review this hotel when I stayed there twice last year. On the first occasion I had to break a train journey in Bielefeld and walked across the road in hope of a room. Not only did I get one, but a fabulous dinner too. More than anything, I was impressed by the staff and their courtesy and kindness, as I was a little frazzled by my day.

Three months later in July 2013 my husband I moved to Bielefeld with my work and chose this hotel to stay in for three nights while our furniture was moved and we settled into our house. It was a haven of comfort and efficiency during that frantic time. The hotel has recently been refurbished and the rooms are smart, comfortable and immaculately clean. On both occasions we had one looking over the little square and although it was a little noisy in the evenings, we slept really well. The restaurant is fantastic, and we looked forward all day to dinner; there were lots of locals eating there; I'm not sure of the food is cordon bleu, but it should be. Breakfast is a comprehensive buffet, with hot and cold food, all fresh and plentiful, with perfect service.

There is a lovely outside courtyard for smokers, secluded from the busy town centre, with table service by great bar staff. The hotel's location couldn't be better, half a minute from the railway station and less than 5 minutes from the main town centre. Bielefeld is a lovely town and our only regret is that now we live here, we have mo excuse for staying in this hotel again!

Room Tip: I imagine the rooms at the rear are quieter, but we were able to tune the remote city noise out. It's all pretty quiet after 11 pm, including the railway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed for two nights while attending a fair in Hanover , a 50 minute train journey so the location 80 meters from the station was ideal for me . A good experience from the beginning , welcomed by a warm, friendly , and efficient receptionist . As a result of reading previous TripAdvisor reports mentioning trains and associated station noises , I requested a quiet room to the rear of the hotel and was given Room 110 which was perfect . Good but I think costly internet connection at an extra 10 Euros a day . Comfortable bed and pillow , very good bathroom facilities , faultless hygiene , and overlooking a quiet courtyard . I didn't have the breakfast for 18 Euros which I was told very good but I think is expensive, however there is free tea and coffee facilities in the reception area , Instead I had tea and great baguette in the train station for 5 Euros . I would definitely recommend and use this hotel again .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is my fourth time at the Bielefelder HOF and the renovations made a big change with the hotel. The executive rooms on the 4th floor are great, the new face of the bar, lobby and breakfast made a new face of the interior of the hotel... all supported by professional, friendly and amazing staff at the reception, at the bar and at the breakfast restaurant... adding the convenience of having the Train station in front of the hotel... and just walking distance to the shopping area and great restaurants in the area. Thank you to everyone at Bielefelder HOF it was an amazing 6 nights stay at your hotel and you made it just great.

Room Tip: Executive rooms on the 4th are great with Internet Included.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Booked here to visit a Customer that has recently moved to Bielefeld.
Flew to Hanover and travelled by train and the Hotel is right opposite the Station.
Lovely Room, very clean and well fitted out.
Right next to all of the shops and we ate out at a great Argentinian Restaurant.
The only down side was cost of Breakfast (which I didnt have) 18 Euros is a bit steep, especially as I only wanted a Coffee and croissant.
All in all highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SteveTamworthUK
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel is very practically located near the Bielefeld Hbf, but of course, the railwaystation brings also the downsides. The nightlife especially at weekends is really noisy and German single-windows let all the noise into your room. My visit was in january and it was even snowing, so it was quite cold in Bielefeld - but also in my room, which I think was not supposed to be. I was staying in the old part of the building, so my recommendation is this: in wintertime always try to get the room from the new wing, there the heating is working! The breakfast was actually very good, much better than in Hilton Frankfurt where I spent my previous night. I was travelling with a bigger group, and the hotel bar went berserk after first fifteen minutes, but this is actually quite common thing to happen especially in Germany.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business