Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Ways to Experience Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen
from $17.70
More Info
1,021 results
All reviews sauna area thermal pools main pool warm pool second floor body and soul schnitzel hot water spa towels outdoor steam temperature waterfall whirlpool wellness upstairs
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2019

We traveled from Brussels (1.5 hr drive) and brought our 6-year-old son with us. All in all, we had a very positive experience. The reception staff members speak English. The facilities are very clean and modern. 13 euros for 2.5 hours is a great deal, especially compared to the baths in Budapest, which are much more expensive and not nearly as nice. We loved that one can go to the outdoor pools easily from inside without having to walk out in the cold! There is one hot pool, the rest are comfortably warm. After visiting the baths, we had lunch at the restaurant on site, Kochkultur. Great service, excellent healthy meal at a reasonable price. We would definitely go back and highly recommend to others. Very nice to visit on a cold winter day.

Date of experience: January 2019
3  Thank trojan96
Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

Receptionist was very rude! You would think that if you go to a luxurious spa the employees would be at least nice but that was not the case..

Date of experience: December 2018
4  Thank Marissa v
Reviewed December 21, 2018 via mobile

Living in Brussels, I can not recommend a better spa than this one ! There’s no better spa to my opinion in Belgium , especially at this price ! We went there and enjoyed everything: the access and service is perfect, the pools are extremely hot and well heated , inside and outside. There is a jacuzzi hammam and a small pool with very hot water next to a one with very cold water. The restaurant is good and not expensive . For the ones being okay with being naked, upstairs you have a great area for spa hamman and sauna as well. Amazing value for money, I highly recommend it !

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2018

I had one day away from the family to indulge in some "me time" and this was the perfect location. Unable to speak German I had no trouble in understanding the spa system as there were many English speaking staff available to help. Once dressed in my costume, I plunged straight into the pool. There were so many different water experiences to enjoy. My personal favourites were the outdoor whirlpool which gently moved you around the pool and the hot pool where I felt totally relaxed. I spent most of my morning in the baths and later had something light to eat from the beach bar. Unfortunately the Bella Vista restaurant was shut. Thereafter I had a siesta in one of the relaxation rooms before my spa treatment booked at 4pm. Here lies my only disappointment. I had booked a full body massage via email. Upon arrival to the spa I had to make the full payment prior to my treatment. I was then asked to wait in the waiting area before my masseuse would take me to the treatment room. What a surprise I received when a male came instead of a female!! When looking into the treatments there was no mention of a masseur and all the images seen online were females providing treatment. In my 20 years of spa experiences, I had never encountered this problem. My title (MRS) was clearly indicated when booking the treatment yet I wasn't informed that I would receive a male. To be then told that all the females were occupied and no other bookings could be made for that day, I felt somewhat helpless. My last day in Aachen, the payment was made and still another 4 hours left in the spa. I accepted the treatment. After the initial moments of awkwardness I had to tell myself to relax and simply think of this man as a professional. And he was. But sadly after such a lovely day at this spa, I left disappointed. If ever I was in Aachen again, then I would certainly visit this spa but I would confirm that a female was providing all the body treatments and not a man!!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank bsasz
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

I took my 13 year old daughter whilst my husband and son were at a football match. Whilst their night was great, ours was better! The spa was beautiful. We loved the choice of different pools, both indoor and outdoor. It got a little β€˜coupley’ later in the evening, but nothing that made us uncomfortable. Would highly recommend.

Date of experience: August 2018