Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM

Ways to Experience Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen
from $17.77
More Info
1,021 results
All reviews sauna area thermal pools main pool warm pool second floor body and soul schnitzel hot water spa towels outdoor steam temperature waterfall whirlpool wellness upstairs
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

I can totally recommend the Carolus Thermen. The place to relax in and around Aachen, that attracts visitors from Germany, The Netherlands and Belgium due to its strategic location.
A great place to swim, enjoy hot bubbles in the jacuzzis, go to one of many saunas or into a steam bath.
You can also book treatments (which I did not try).

A little one-day-holiday which I already long to repeat.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed August 24, 2016

The Thermen area is great and really huge. It is really worth it.Only one teardrop is, that on weekends the place is crowded... but still enjoyable!

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed August 13, 2016

In ancient Rome, they knew what was good for you. I experienced the invigorating effect of the Carolus thermen !
A series of different baths as well inside as outside at different temperatures rejuvenates any person.
For the courageous among us : try the warmest bath (38°C) immediately followed by the coldest bath (19°C).
Carolus Thermen is not very suited for families with younger children. Most of the visitors are (older) adults who visit the Thermen for the quiet, relaxing effect.
I only visited the 'bath' section at the ground floor level; I will keep the 'sauna' section at the upper floor for my next visit.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

After all treatments: different water massages, saunas, hamams, exercises in pool, you feel like a newborn) very good place)!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed July 16, 2016

I had seen this spa/wellness centre on the net and since it was close to where my friends lived decided to visit it one rainy summers morning. I was nervous about the nudity aspect but did as the locals did. We parked in the underground car park which was very convenient. The staff at the entrance were friendly and spoke English. It was a weekday morning when it had just opened for business. We used the down stairs area first which was very quiet except for a couple a people. It was clean and very well maintained. A large area with a central spa with saunas and spas surrounding it. The lighting was perfect and the ambience beautiful. There was also an outdoor area to be explored. The choice of saunas was amazing. There were areas to relax in both outdoors and indoors. Even a fire burning in one of the rooms. As the morning progressed more and more people arrived. At about 11 it was getting a little congested. People of all ages. We moved up to the swimming area which was a clothed area. It was extremely busy as it was nearing lunch time. This spa/wellness centre really requires at least half a day but I think a full day would be best. We brought something to eat with us so used the outside area. There is somewhere to eat in the centre but we didn't use it. It was 33 euros so not cheap to use for 3 hours and you must be careful not to go over your allotted time as it can become expensive. Everything was very clean and so relaxing it was hard to leave and start my day. It will be a point of call when next in Aachen for me. Loved it.

Date of experience: June 2016