“Smoking inside ruins everything”
Review of Goldener Schwan

Goldener Schwan
Ranked #309 of 582 Restaurants in Aachen
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My judgement was affected by the fact the people were allowed to smoke just couple of table from us in so called smoking part which was not ventilated properly and directly connected to dinning room. It was terrible, and I don't understand why it is still allowed ...
The food was ok, and we did not even got salad to the beef and potato crickets seemed to be pre-made in factory... Service was good.

There are newer reviews for Goldener Schwan

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The menu has changed a lot, the food is Ok that's it nothing special but cheap for this location.
Nice view to the market and the city hall.
The waiter was arrogant and had no passion to wait as I had to translate the menu for my friends.

Bottom line, for summer to wait on the terrace it is Ok dus to the view.
However there are better places in Aachen.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

we had to sit downstairs as my mum couldnt walk upstairs so had to wait for a table but tehy immediately got my mum a chair to sit on at the bar. The atmosphere was great there and it looks out onto the main square.

We had a lovely meal and it was very reasonable but the best thing was the service it was amazing.

1  Thank brit2pop
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice older pub/restaurant in the main market square of the town, spread over several floors, so get a window seat if you can to enjoy the views over the square of an evening, if you cannot sit outside of course.
Offers good solid German cuisine, with my all time favourite of Schweinshaxe (roasted pork knuckle) being excellent value for money, washed down with some cold Dom Kolsch, a local beer which is crystal clear and free of those nasty chemicals designed to give you a hangover.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've been to many restaurants in my life and this is real way and homemade place to eat. Had a steak that was cooked perfect and true made mushroom sauce.
Definitely eat here again