“Nice breakfast at a nice place with friendly staff”

Elisenbrunnen Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 17 Dessert in Aachen
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy classically and professionally interpreted German gastronomic specialities. The EB is the successful mixture of a modern inn, a restaurant, a cafe and a communicational site for the young and the young at heart.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We go there quite regulary, its situated in the middle of the centre of Aachen. They have nice vegetarian dishes as well and really nice fresh orange juice. I don't like the cappu that much (a bit 'sharp') but the fresh mint tea is lovely. They also have a nice and large terrace. During summer you can enjoy watching people while having breakfast/lunch/wine break ;)

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Location is fantastic, very central and you can easily have a sit by the window. There were a lot of Christmas parties all around then communication was very hard, since the noise was crazy. Quality of the food was acceptable, but wine list was low profile.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We happened to be in Aachen for my birthday. After a full day of wondering in the beautiful town, a local we have met there asked us whether we had any plans for dinner and she recommended us a nice traditional German restaurant – Elisenbrunnen, helpfully showing us its location. We came here and we had a fantastic time. The place blends elegant design with traditional German food, so it was in the same time suited for a special celebration and perfect to taste the very good authentic German food. The place was not crowded, the service was perfect and very friendly and food was exquisite. A perfect ending for that special day and a great memory from Aachen. Definitely a restaurant not to miss in Aachen !

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were staying in the area as part of a tour group and this is the restaurant that was booked for our saturday night meal.
It is not the sort of restaurant that I would normally eat in, I prefer something a little less modern and off the beaten track.
However, the food was good (but a little pricey) and there was a very helpful waiter that could recommend drinks.

Most of the staff speak English, which made the experience a lot easier for those of us with very rusty German language skills!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I quite like fine dining, but unfortunately don't always have the funds to enjoy such luxuries. On the off chance that I had saved up enough, I chose to visit EB. The food was good and the service was quick, but they will not hesitate to rip off foreigners. I'm guessing the waiter could sense that I was struggling a little with my German, and chose this opportunity to serve us something more expensive than what we ordered, then proceeded to charge us drinks we didn't even order. Beware the "service charge" as well.