“Terrible beds”

Pullman Aachen Quellenhof
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Aachen
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed twice. Great hotel except for beds. They need to buy new matresses!!!!!!!!!!
Could not rest properly as beds are very uneven and extreemly soft. No support.
Service was very good. Breakfast was also very nice.
Location is very good. Hotel could fix their drive. cars cannot pass each other when stopping in front of main entrance as it is too narrow.
Otherwise a great place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Great atmosphere. Staff at reception a bit offhand. The room was good but unfortunately old (blocked) drains got the better of us on the first morning and the whole bathroom floor was turned into a paddling pool! My husband unblocked the drain outlet but we suspected there was more downstream! Had to pay for internet that (mostly) did not work .... again, reception staff fairly indifferent (no question of a refund!) The restaurant was good, quite expensive but good. It seems to be a N.German custom for double beds to have two single duvets. We would much prefer one double but met with a flat "no" to our request. (we had a double duvet in Frankfurt) No clock in the room at all, just as well we had mobile phone for use as an alarm. In summary; the sort of hotel we like to stay but needs some TLC and some more caring staff!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank judith l
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The exterior and immediate interior of this hotel is really quite stunning. A beautiful building and the public areas are decorated beautifully but the room itself felt like a little bit of a let down by comparison. The room was big and comfortable and had pretty much everything you could need apart from a mirror outside of the bathroom. It might sound petty but this is unusual in a hotel, especially one of this stature. For us women it means we have to do our hair etc in the bathroom and plugging my straighteners into the bathroom wall didn't feel particularly safe, it's the kind of thing you normally do in the main room. The room also looked quite tired in some parts with dirty wallpaper etc. I think maybe I just got one of the older rooms as some of my colleagues didn't have the same issue. Also, I don't want to complain too much as it was one of the best night's sleeps I have had in a hotel whilst away with work and overall the hotel is lovely in terms of friendly staff, great bar, lovely breakfast etc. In terms of location I'd say it was a ten minute walk into the main town which was fine for me, I don't mind that.

Don't let my mirror issue or negative room comments put you off. The hotel itself is lovely and I know I probably just got an old room. I'd stay again if I could be assured of a better room!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cheesecake0509
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel is somewhat well maintained, the rooms are clean (the room itself looks a bit beaten up with scratch marks on the wallpaper and a few dirty spots) and the bathroom is small but pretty and the location is definitely decent. The bar is great (they are short on bourbon but have a great scotch selection) and they make wonderful cocktails are friendly and welcoming.
But all of that is absolutely negated by the fact that they sell you Internet connectivity which they bloody don't have at least not on the fourth floor. I talked to the support staff at the ISP and they told me they have two access points up here but if I wanted any connectivity I'd have to move to the second floor. I have to work tonight but can't. A motel 6 has better Internet connectivity than this hotel. What century do they live in here? Was I magically transported back to the mid 90s?
For a business traveller who depends on online connectivity this is unacceptable. It just doesn't work (ha!) any more. I expect more, especially of a hotel that supposedly is one of the better ones. Just don't stay here.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank SeattleFriday
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Just a perfect stay at the Pullman. We had booked a deluxe room which was just great: extra large and comfy bed, very spacious bedroom and bathroom, mini-bar included. Location is also perfect: very close to the city center and next to the Carolus thermen which was the purpose of our trip. The breakfast was superb: plenty of choice (patries, fruits, eggs, bacon, sausages, salmon, etc., etc.).

Just a minor negative point: one of the bathrobes in the room was dirty and full of hair... A shame for such a luxury hotel. Of course, we asked and the bathrobe was changed in no time.

Overall, a perfect stay. I would definitely recommend it and go back again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. Walking distance from the shopping area. Nice park near the hotel. Super SPA and swimming pool. big rooms. Nice restaurant but double digit prices for starters and main courses are too much. Also it may take some time for your order to arrive. Better use the bar with a splendid menu. Quicker service but it is a smoking bar. I can't recommend it for families with children

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The quality of the hotel of matches the Pullman standards, however the room was not big and the bed was a little bit narrow. The hotel is located in a very green area, but too far from the city center. You'll either have to take at taxi or opt for a 15 minute walk.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business