“Typical German fare”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Essex
“Typical German fare”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were looking for a German restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.we had some lovely German beers and also the knuckle of pork was very good.Waiter very helpful and an enjoyable evening had by all. Bill addition needs more accuracy.

• Visited December 2013

• Korean first
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on Friday night whilst staying in Aachen for the Christmas market. My schnitzel was okay, my husband's pork knuckle was good, my sister in laws steak delicious and my brothers meal of sausages and sauerkraut good.
It is a large restaurant but it did have a good atmosphere and the staff were very friendly.
This isn't the best restaurant that we have eaten in but we had an enjoyable evening.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jackie F
Oxford,
“Tasteless”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The waiters herd you in and out like cattle. Having got a seat I asked for Dutch-style mussels - and I made it very clear I didn't want chilli powder. Guess what? I got mussels with chilli powder. Not only that the mussels had been cooked without any salt or stock so they were completely tasteless. The waitress even had the nerve to argue with me when it was in fact clear that the chef was using the same basic stock for their mussels with chillis and the ones without. Even after I told her that I was allergic to chillis. Very poor.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank ProfessorCalculus
“typical german brewery”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

good food and good prices.
we chose pork knuckle (boiled and roasted). both were delicious and huge.
friendly and fast service.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank pcantora
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Two nights running”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Having read the reviews of this brauhaus my wife and I decided to give it a go. We wanted to have a typical German meal with some German beer. We were not disappointed.

More sausages than you can shake a sausage at. Good quality food too. A nice selection of beers.

We ended up going two nights running because it was local to out hotel and to be honest, was a very pleasant evening dining location.

• Visited September 2013