“Nice place to be in winter”
Review of Aachener Brauhaus

Aachener Brauhaus
Ranked #12 of 582 Restaurants in Aachen
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

If you looking for german food you should visit this resturant easy to find in the heart of the city good food and very nice place

There are newer reviews for Aachener Brauhaus

Reviewed October 26, 2012

As I was seated at the last available table it became obvious that this is a very popular spot. Full, by 5:30 pm, other customers were being turned away or told they would have to return much later. I should preface this review by saying that I am not a meat eater so I knew what to expect and was neither surprised nor disappointed that my menu options were limited. I chose the fried fish (species unknown) fully aware that fish was not the house specialty. However it could have been better; judging from the very regular square shape I assumed it was the packaged frozen variety. I am sure the meat eaters fared better. Food aside, it was a very lively atmosphere with servers running to and fro and a cheerful background din. Service was adequate but perfunctary. The beer was good and the prices reasonable. It was a welcome respite from the rainy night outside.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Standard old fashioned German specialties with a great atmosphere. Limited outdoor seating. Not a bad choice, not outstanding.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Good food ( I had the roasted knuckle of pork with roast potatoes and red cabbage and my hubby had the Pork medallions in pepper sauce) both were delicious with ofcourse good old Westeiner beer

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Background: website says closing time is 11pm. I got there with a japanese colleague who was for first time in Germany and I wanted to show him a typical brauhaus and its friendly atmosphere.

The bad: We stepped in at 9:45pm and the guy immediately addressed us in german, being very clear on having to be "schnell", fast. I ordered roasted pork leg and my colleague a franfurter wurst and we got them in 5mins!!! That leaves more than one doubt on the fact they were prepared on the spot.

At 10:10 they started to switch off some lights; at 10:15 we had received the bill without asking for it; at 10:20 we were out.

The good: the setting is nice and pretty much as typical as you would expect from an old brauhaus. Food was not bad in spite of pre-cooking and for an average 20€ per meal, definitely a good value. Menus have english description and the staff can somehow handle orders in english.

Summary: would be a bookmark for tourists or business travellers in Aachen if it wasn't so unfriendly. Better look for alternatives.

2  Thank EriCat_around