“Great Italian food and nice staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kaiserwetter

Kaiserwetter
Ranked #30 of 562 Restaurants in Aachen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Budapest, Hungary
“Great Italian food and nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was here yesterday with a colleague of mine. I had some tomato soup and the tagliatelle with salmon ragout and both were delicious. The tomato soup was well seasoned and warm, just the way I like it, and it was very dense (like a good gazpacho), and they served fresh (!) ciabatta with the soup. The salmon was prepared medium-welldone and the tagliatelle came al dente, so it was excellent. The saffron sauce fit the pasta very well, and I also got some green salad as a side to the pasta which was also delicious.

The staff were really nice and smiling all the time, although we did not have a dedicated server. The service was rather friendly than upscale professional, which fits my mood better on a sunny afternoon, so I was satisfied. We did not have to wait much for the food, once we were able to order, but if you are in a hurry or very very hungry, go to self-service restaurant. This place has a rather 'relaxed' pace. (I'm starting to think it is standard in Aachen.)

Prices are average. I paid 17 Euros + tip for my soup, pasta, and beer, and the portion was huge. And I mean 'I could barely move' huge. :)

All in all, this is a very good restaurant, and I will definitely go back if ever in Aachen again!

Appendix 1:
Pizzas: 7-11 Euros
Pastas: 7-9 Euros
Black Angus steak: 16.5 Euros
Salmon steak: ~14.5 Euros
Salads: (I don't remember)
Soup: ~3.5 Euros
Desset: ~4-5 Euros
Beer: ~3-4 Euros

• Visited June 2014

Kingston, Canada
“Still Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

After three years of eating at Kaiserwetter about two or three times a year, I can say that it just as good now as the first time. Affordable, handy, friendly staff and above all very tasty meals. We've sat on their terrace, we've eaten inside, all times of the year the service and quality is consistently very good. Their salads are noteworthy, and recently I had a very good beef carpaccio. Two people can have lunch with a drink for about Euro 25, and you will walk away pleased.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank jbmcnair
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great Little Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I took my wife and little daughter (20 months) for lunch. We were just walking around the historic part of Aachen and happened upon this little gem. We both had salads (I am a salad dodger, but having seen others in the restaurant, we were gripped with massive food envy); my daughter had a kiddies pizza (@ 4 Euros, excellent value for money). The salads were excellent value for money; my wife had the rumpsteak on hers which was superb. No desserts, we were simply too full!
The service was as good as the food and was much quicker than we have become accustomed to in Brussels. I am reasonably confident that if you go, you wont be disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Lovely food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Very nice ambient very fast service.this is a wonderfull place.I love Kaiserwetter. I would definately eat here again!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Freshly prepared food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and my parents in law were just walking through the city when we felt hungry all of a sudden. After searching for a place which was open we came across this one by accident. Outside was a chalkboard with the weekly specials, very nice.
We entered a got a good look at the kitchen which is open right at the beginning, so that everybody can see how they are preparing the food. It looks rather small, however in the back there is a bar and many more tables on the ground floor, outside as well as on the gallery, where we ended up.
The atmosphere was ok, nothing special, the waiters were in general very friendly.
In the end we ordered, bbq salmon, steak, chicken salad and tagliatelle with parmesan, parma ham and sheep's cheese. We were all very happy with our food, especially my past was full of flavor for less than 10 euro. It was really tasty, small fried strips of the Parma ham, really tasty. In addition, the dressing for the salad, just yummy, honey-mustard.
In was a very pleasant stay with excellent food. Definitely a must go, especially when you want to get something better than what you normally get on the Pontstreet for instance but don't want to to spend too much money.

• Visited December 2013