“Very authentic colombian food”

Kolumbianisches Restaurant Karibik
Ranked #104 of 582 Restaurants in Aachen
Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went last saturday and I asked for a "bandeja paisa" and it was delicious. It had all the ingredients, pork, sausage, fried egg, rice,beans, avocado, arepa, patacones and picadillo. The service was excellent, I definitively plan to go back again.Please, keep in mind that colombian portions are huge compare with Europe.

There are newer reviews for Kolumbianisches Restaurant Karibik

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have been at Karibik after a long day at the thermal spring. The restaurant is a bit off the city center but within walking distance.

Karibik offers only colombian food. The menu is full of real colombian dishes - starters, mains and deserts. The interior is a bit inelegant, it reminded me to a typical german inn: wooden tables and chairs.

Nevertheless, the service is very good, the owner is very nice, speaks spanish and german, the food was great and the real colombian coffee as well! The eating utensils/plates are really different: e.g. the coconut rice is served in a coconut shell.

All in all very tasty experince and when one's eyes rather stay focused on the dishes than on the atmosphere, you will enjoy your visit very much!

I definitely can recommend Karibik!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Certainly worth a visit. The food is great and very different. The atmosphere was perfect...nice and relaxed and one got the Impression that moat people.who came were regulars. Portions were huge so left full and relaxed. Try the fried banana!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I was first told about this restaurant by a friend and after reading a few reviews I decided I needed to check this place out for myself.

Upon entering our first impression was, is this it? The styling looked simple, not much different from the kebab places in Aachen. But driven by the good reviews we dove in and ordered some appetizers (which start at 1 euro a piece) and a main dish (between 6 to 15 euros).

The waiter was really friendly and the food was served relatively quick. When the first appetizers came we could only agree we made the right choice coming here. Then for my main dish I had Tamal, very similar to Tamales I had when staying in Phoenix Arizona. I again the food was delicious and perfectly portioned. If you want to have an idea of what the dish is like, just have a look on youtube.

By the time we finished eating the place was filled with guests so it was a good thing we went there early. All in all I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Look beyond it's simplistic styling and look forward to some great Columbian dishes.

1  Thank Jordi H
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My partner had to work in Aachen and he discovered this treasure in July 2011, and since then we are visiting this delicious restaurant.
Food is very tasty and keeps its Colombian soul. Dishes are carefully served. They have some Colombian specialities which you can pre-order. You can listening Colombian music and admire some nice paintings.
For weekend I would recommed to making a reservation in advance, sometimes it can be very busy.
Food is not expensive and my suggestions are arepas, patacones and tajaditas as starter and for main dish ajiaco, fried fish or the traditional bandeja paisa. You can have some dessert if you have some space available, I never managed to this part, it was a lot of food everytime.
It is open in the evenings from Tuesday to Sunday.