“Fantastic day out, great value and a great guy”

Friends of Dave Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Friends of Dave Tours is a high quality tour service that provides exciting day tours in Warnemünde to visiting cruise guests. We are very proud of our consistent high ratings and we consider our tour customers our friends. There is nothing better than sharing people's vacations and creating long lasting memories together.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic day out, great value and a great guy”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We did the Complete Hansa tour with Dave, which consisted of a walk around Warnemunde, a coffee and cake stop (included in the tour price), train ride to Wismar (tickets included in the tour price), a walking tour of Wismar, lunch at a brewery (included in the tour price), more walking around Wismar and return train ride to Warnemunde (included in the tour price). At the start of the tour Dave provided us all with headsets so we could always hear what he was saying, even if we dropped back or went ahead to take photographs and his information was always worth listening to. At the end of the tour Dave invited us to come for a drink with him because now we were not customers of Dave we were friends of Dave.

Dave is a fantastic, friendly, knowledgeable guy and, with everything included in the tour price you know exactly what you are spending when you sign up for the tour. If you ever find yourself in Warnemunde I can highly recommend taking one of his tours

1 Thank wickesy40

Miami, Florida
“Magical Memory!”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

My family, friends, and I joined Dave on his Magical Mecklenburg Tour last week. We could not have hoped for a better experience. Dave has a wealth of knowledge to share and a unique talent for doing so. His choices of locations to visit, transportation schedules, and food venues were perfect. We had an amazing fun-filled and informative day that we will be talking about for years to come. We look forward to another tour with him in the future. "Stitch" had fun too. THANKS DAVE!

Shelton, Connecticut
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Outstanding tour of Warnemunde and Hanseatic Wismar”
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We are just returning from the inaugural Baltic Cruise on the Disney Magic and one of the port stops was Warnemunde, Germany. The prospect of a 3 hour train ride each way to Berlin was not appealing so we started looking for alternatives closer to port, and we were sure glad we did. We found the Friends of Dave Tours reviewed on both TripAdvisor and Cruise Critic and so we signed up for the walking tour of Warnemunde, a delightful seaside village with an interesting history and Wismar, a Hanseatic medieval town with an interesting history going back to the 1200's and the Mecklenburg dynasty.
Dave met us promptly at the ship and provided everyone with wireless headsets which made it easy to wander the streets with the group while not missing any of his commentary. We first toured Warnemunde for about 90 minutes and then took an hour train ride to Wismar. After an initial tour of the former beer brewer's section of town and St. Nicholas Church, we had a wonderful lunch at a 550 year old brewery before seeing the rest of the town. We returned by train to the ship in plenty of time for sail away. What made this tour special was Dave's sense of humor, his obvious knowledge of the area, and his true caring for the enjoyment of his guests or "Friends". We would highly recommend this tour to anyone stopping in Warnemunde.

5 Thank skipper709
Philadelphia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day in Germany”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Dave ROCKS!!! What more can I say? We tend to do things on our own while in port, since good guides are often difficult to come by. For this port stop we didn't want to go to Berlin (I didn't want to spend the day sitting on buses or trains) and I was a little unsure of what to do in the Warnemunde area so we went with Dave. Thanks to him we had an awesome day in Warenemunde and Wismar. When I got back from the cruise, people asked what my favorite port was and I tell them Germany because we had such a great experience there. And to top off a fabulous day, I really do feel like I have a friend that, if I was in the area, I could call up and say, "Hey Dave, let's get some dinner!".

2 Thank Fudgiesmom
Metairie
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A whimsical delight.”
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We just completed our first visit to Europe on a Baltic Cruise. My family of long ago came from Germany in the 1800 century. I always wanted to visit but never had the time until i took a Baltic cruise. I wanted to find a local tour guide and searched the net and found Friends of Dave. We choose the Magical Mecklenburg tour. It was a grand tour. He did not rush us, spent a lot of time talking and getting to know us. He new the history of the town, people, buildings and most importantly the best restaurants in the area. He also went out his way to show us where to buy the best German Wine. I can't wait to take another tour.

4 Thank Dbenz