Review Highlights
All the recommendations were spot on

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
sstip
Michigan
Very kind to weather-beaten travelers

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
mauinoel
San Diego, California

All reviews cake walking tour great tour small group his knowledge baltic cruise east germany highly recommend this tour schwerin castle booked this tour great lunch end of the day day tour lunch stop shore excursion tour group train ride
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I did not relish the idea of going on a long bus ride from Warmunde to Berlin so I began my research. A big thank you to all the posters for your honest and accurate reviews. Thanks to Rick Steeves who also recommended this tour.

WE LOVED IT!!! It was informative, gave a nice history of the area, small group spectacular stops with the right amount of free time. Our lunch was delicious and our guide Christian was fun and a fantastic host.

We enjoyed this tour very much and are thinking about taking one of their river cruises.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Sadly, we were unable to attend this tour because our ship did not dock in Warnemünde as planned. We were extremely disappointed as we had booked the tour nearly 9 months ahead. However, this company is extremely professional. Once they heard, probably from several of us unhappy cruisers, they sent an email saying that we would be promptly refunded and indeed, I received my refund before we were even off this failed cruise (which wound up missing 3 of 5 ports). While we lost a little with the foreign currency fee through PayPal, on the whole, it could’ve been much worse.

1  Thank mauinoel
Reviewed October 6, 2018

Our guide Christian, was our tour guide for our group. We spent a day filled with laughter whilst he imparted so much knowledge about the region he loves and lives in. Would highly recommend...be ready to laugh and have fun.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

We were on a Baltic Sea cruise and went on a FOD tour of northern Germany. I had done a similar tour about 8 years ago with Dave and had a great time. I didn't know Christian but had a good feeling that we would be well taken care of and fun times would abound. Christian had a wealth of knowledge of the area as he grew up in that region. I highly recommend FOD tours as it is a top notch guided tour company.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

For the first stop on our cruise, we didn't want to make the long journey into Berlin from the port of Rostock. Instead we booked with Friends of Dave. Best decision ever! We had a fabulous time with Christian and his assistant, Nicholas. Being from the area and having a terrific personality made Christian the perfect guide. He was able to create both a fun and informative adventure. We covered a lot of ground and saw a ton of sites. The "happy stops" made the pace comfortable for everyone in our group and lunch was delicious! I would definitely recommend this tour and am already looking into more tours with Friends of Dave.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

Instead of a 6 hour round trip to Berlin, we chose to see the area around Warnemunde where our ship was docking. We are so glad that we chose Friends of Dave to spend a wonderful day. Christian was a great guide. He was fun and knowledgeable. We learned so much about the history of former East Germany. I would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed September 22, 2018

We were met by Christian just outside the cruise terminal in Warnemunde where he gave out all the headsets & explained what was happening on the day. We then had an informative & humorous trip around Warnemunde before moving on to Wismar where we all enjoyed a Mega Dinner in a local Brewery before moving on to Schwerin & a walk around the outside of the palace & afterwards off for tea and cakes at another cafe.

The day was very wet but Christian ensured we all had a great time providing us with laughs along the way whilst also relaying just the right information you need regarding the areas you have visited.

I only found this tour at the last minute & very glad I did. We would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting the area. Well worth the money.

1  Thank CHRIS M
Reviewed September 18, 2018

The Warnemunde , Rostock, Mecklenburg tour was worth every penny and then some! I've been on a lot of tours, some good & some very bad, but what makes this tour so outstanding is Christian who gave us a very informative, entertaining tour at a leisurely pace. Also, the lunch at the German Brewery was a pleasant surprise; charming restaurant serving very large & good entrees of wienerschnitzel & other German dishes, the beer was also just as good.
Auf Wiedersehen

1  Thank Roger F
Reviewed September 17, 2018

What a perfect way to tour northern Germany starting at the cruise ship terminal. Christian was fun, friendly and knowledgeable and made this day one we will never forget! He gave us so much great information and made suggestions for the free time after the tour. We would highly recommend Friends of Dave Tours.

1  Thank justlinz
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

We were definitely glad we booked this tour on our 1 day cruise stop instead of heading to Berlin. We learned so much about the area and the history there. Learning about the Hanseatic League here at our first stop made all the other ports come to life as well.
Christian was a fantastic tour guide! He is very knowledgeable and friendly. If you’re taking this tour soon, please bring him peanut butter m&m’s from the states. He really misses them.