“If you like waiting for your food...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Block House Am Kropcke

Block House Am Kropcke
Ranked #6 of 1,089 Restaurants in Hannover
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: Our Block House restaurant is right by the Georgstraße shopping boulevard. When you come here, you may well spot some Hannover 96 footballers or one of the German Football Association's referees. Another famous face who stops by occasionally is former German chancellor Gerhard Schröder, with his wife and kids.
Bilbao, España
“If you like waiting for your food...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I went to this restaurant for dinner two days in a row.
On the first day I came in and I sat on the bar since there were no tables available.
It took a long time to be asked what I wanted to have. I ordered spinach with mashed potatoes. The dish was tasty but overpriced. I had to wait a lot to be handed the receipt and to paid too.

Next day I went to the same restaurant because it was near my hotel and the previous day I saw very good looking meat dishes and I wanted to try one. It was earlier than the other day, the restaurant was almost empty and there was the same number of waiters. However, it took longer than the previous day to be asked to order even trying calling the waiters. I ordered and like 20 minutes later, which is nothing when you are with other people but a whole day when you are alone, a waiter came and told me that my order had disappear. So I had to wait again to be served. The dish was very good but again overpriced.
Once more, I waited like forever to be handed the bill and to pay too.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Fine steak - you get what you pay for here - maybe no bells and whisltes but good food none the less

Visited June 2012
Frankfurt
“A meateaters delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

You get what you want: I had a succulent T-bone steak. Professional adult service who know how to treat guests, better than young students who are not familiar with the job. The side orders were a bit bland, but okay that is normal in many steakhouses. The restaurant is in the heart of the city centre of Hannover at a 10 min walk from the station.

• Visited April 2012
Adelaide
“Great for Aussies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Service great, fillet mignon divine. Shrimp salad great.

• Visited April 2012
Perth, Australia
“A Steak House Par Excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

Always enjoy the choice on the menu, good quality meat and very friendly service. I always appreciate the fact that I have never been served by anyone who could not speak good English. I like the fact that I don't feel out of sorts when dining on my own as one often dopes on business trips.

Visited February 2012