“Waaay too noisy!!!”

Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover
Ranked #111 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and as soon as we got into the room it was very stuffy. We opened the windows and the noise was unbearable so we went down to the lobby to get another room. They said they were fully booked and that we could change rooms tomorrow but by paying an extra 30 euros, what a rip off! We didn't want to pay almost double for the room so we had to put up with having the windows open in the day while we were out and close them at night...but i still woke up in the night desperate for fresh air. So I do not recommend this hotel. I would rather pick a nicer hotel and pay a bit more there than having the boring basic stuffy room and CRAZY traffic outside (including the subways!).

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stefani b

Reviewed March 8, 2010

My first time back in Hannover in 37 years, my mother is from here and I spent many summers in Letter, a village nearby. Room size was fine but there was no a/c and I like open windows 'cos it was warm. However be warned the Vahrenwalder is on a 6 lane main road into the city and the tram runs down the middle. Consequently there was traffic noise 24/7! Fine during the day but I used to turn up the TV to try and cover it, all to no avail.
Aside from that the breakfast was good, plenty of choice plus hot food, which you don't get in many budget hotels.
When I return to Hannover I'll look for somewhere in a quieter location but apart from that I'd recommend it as the tram is outside and 10/15 mins. from the centre.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bunto
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed September 18, 2009

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed March 9, 2009

I booked it for the Cebit exhibition meant that prices were increased by 5 times the original rate.
I requested a non smoking room however this was not granted so I had to pay an additional 20 euro (on top of my inflated rate) to get a non smoking room
The room was extremely clean and spacious however I had to sleep with ear plugs as I was facing the busy street.
Tram stop convenient into central Hannover (9 mins)
Breakfast was good. Staff couldn’t recommend any restaurants (non in the area besides Burger King and Greek restaurant and Thai further down the road)
Free internet was s-l-o-w
Not bad as a budget hotel, but can’t help but feel ripped off that I had to pay additional 20 Euro.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The büttnerstrasse tramstop is nearly on their doorstep! I had an economy room which means that you stay in the motel behind the hotel. Yes, the room is basic. But it was clean during my stay. And there is a free internet connection altough the connection might be slow sometimes. The television has many channels, there is also CNN and BBC World. The breakfast is very good and it is served in the main building. I also noticed that the staff in hotel is friendly and helpful. The vahrenwalder strasse is a long street with many shops and restaurants. There is Burger King nearby, and there is a Pennymarkt supermarket opposite the hotel. Altough the huge Marktkauf at the niedersachsenring tramstop is a better option if you are looking for a supermarket. It's one stop from the hotel but you can easily walk the distance. It was my second stay in this hotel and I would return when in Hannover again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank A.Brouwer
Reviewed March 10, 2008

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights when I was at CeBit in Hannover, Quite a good location for the centre of Hannover without being in the centre: only 4 stops on the tram lines 1 or 2 from the central station. Hotel was VERY expensive for what I got - but that may have been due to "CeBit Prices"?? Was over £100 per night per room. The main hotel looked fine, I stayed in the basic single room, which is in an annex at the back in the car park area, it's a cross between a double story port-a-cabin & Butlins!! Was more like a Motel than a Hotel. Room was clean, but smelly - Not really bad & I could not work out what it was, but not great. Room was VERY basic, no phone, no hairdryer, no Tea or Coffee facilities, Basically a room with a single bed, Bedside table with a lamp on it, Large table with a chair, TV on a TV Stand, 4 walls & a window - that was it, very very basic. Best points about the hotel was the breakfast & the power shower.
One point, the hotel is on Vahrenwalder "road", but don't get off the tram at Vahrenwalder Plaz, stay on till Buttnerstrasse, hotel is right opposite this stop. I would not stay in this MOTEL again at those prices.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank steveg199
Reviewed February 3, 2008

the hotel advertised as a 3star-Hotel and was (and is) member of SORAT-Hotels. In other cases, this is a good hotel chain, as I experienced in Regensburg for example. However - in Hannover, I was really shocked:

I had to stay there on a business trip - just a stop-over, arriving late at night at 1 am. The reception was closes, I had to ring a bell and wait for 5 minutes until a tired serviceman opened. The reception area wasn´t impressing, small and a bit shabby in general, but - all I wanted was a bed, of course.

I was already downgrading my expectations when entering the lobby, but still got a bad surprise from the hotel room: The room was in a container-style annex-building in the backyard. It looked like accomodation for construction workers or asylum-seekers from outside - and had the same style and comfort inside. Never seen such an ugly, primitive and sad hotel "room". No kind of comfort - a cheap bed, a simple table and a bathroom that rembered me to my student-apartment in past times... normally, I would have protested or changed the hotel, but I was too tired after an 8-hours car drive from Munich. Luckily, I wasn`t travelling with my wife to this hotel - that would have been a reason for divorce, maybe :-)

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business