“A Good Humor”

426 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 336 helpful votes
“A Good Humor”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We ended up in Hannover a bit by accident, escorting our son to visit a friend. My husband and I decided to spend the rainy morning hours at the Sprengel. My husband is a huge fan of modern art; I have interest more than love in the form. What I enjoyed on this morning was the fact that the curation here seems to have set the art up on a good humored space. From that I mean that the art didn't seem to take itself too seriously, and as a result I felt that I COULD take the art seriously. This is nearly reverse the experience I had the day before at the Museum Ludwig in Cologne. We also enjoyed the experience of having a string quartet on site playing throughout the day. Cafe is nice, but not special. Lots of stairs throughout (only one WC and it was a big climb up from the lowest floor of three) and mandatory bag check. But back to the art -- a very nice collection and I enjoyed the morning tremendously. The Andy Warhol's were particularly striking.

Visited August 2013

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“the MOMA of Hannover”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

It is a great place to visit with friends and if you have time, don't miss the restaurant to see the Machse lake view.

Visited May 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Didn't like the people there”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Apart from the place and the art itself which are the reasons why am I giving relatively high rating, the receptionists there where weird! They thought that I will steal some of the shoes painted there and considered as art! There where always someone following me or looking to me in a weird way and they will look away as soon as I look back!

I couldn't even finish the tour in peace or enjoy what's there in it! I just left when finishing the first floor. And honestly, i don't really look like a thief!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mushreq A
Hampshire, England
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Challenging displays”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Good value modern art museum with some definitive exhibits that made a talking point. We loved a light box display but missed the nicki St Phalle

Visited April 2013
Greater London, United Kingdom
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A definite must. Fridays are free”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

This is an amazing building and perfect housing for this fabulous collection of modern art. There are regular collections of paintings as well as specialist exhibits. Best value is to go on a Friday when entrance is free!

Been to Sprengel Museum Hannover? Share your experiences!