All reviews classic hotel train station opera house mary's restaurant excellent location central location beautiful hotel single room a wonderful stay junior suite nice bathroom stayed for two nights quiet street great room christmas market room was large the air conditioning
Reviewed October 23, 2017

A five minute walk from the train station and subsequently ideal for a base for shopping and site seeing. I didn't use any of the F&B areas but the bedroom was excellent. I was a single traveller and therefore had a room for sole occupancy. It was more than adequate for a one / multi night stay. The only shame was that there was no view as it was an inner room, always a shame when you are a "tourist". Everything was immaculate, comfortable and I had one of the best night's sleep in a hotel, it was like being at home.
The staff were very welcoming and very observant, always acknowledging people entering the hotel.
I only wish I was there for more than one night on a family visit and hope to return in the near future - thank you to all the Team

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
KHL1856, General Manager at Kastens Hotel Luisenhof, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your nice evaluation and the great feedback for our staff. We are glad that you had you had one of the best night's sleep in a hotel and that it was like being at home. Besides it is great that you are satisfied with the central location in the heart of Hanover and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

I booked a "deluxe" room in this oldish hotel and found myself in the smallest room (#518) of the entire 5th floor - this at least according the the evacuation plan at the door. I wonder how the standard rooms look like...

This hotel is very basic, so is was the small room. While the soft-drink minibar was included in the price, I did not feel comfortable in a room without a security chain. The tiny bathroom had an "open shower", which means that the floor easily becomes wet. For this "deluxe" I paid 156€ a night including breakfast.

The breakfast itself was one of the worst I have seen in a presumably 5 star German hotel. The cold cuts were almost finished, I managed to get the last croissant and there was nothing of the normally abundant choice of a German hotel breakfast. Even worse, the personnel did not seem to care about me, because I was dressed "just" in jeans and perhaps did not look "rich", like any normal person on a Saturday.

This hotel judges you according to your appearance. I should have shown them my diplomatic passport, I might have got a decent room and perhaps even polite service. Now I was for them just a "nobody", whom the "boss" at the breakfast hall did not even dare to say "good morning".

This hotel has an 11 o'clock check-out policy. I will blame my secretary for booking this hotel, because I personally never support this policy. The hotel check-out time is and should remain (at least) at noon.

Last but not least: I forgot my USB cable in my room. The hotel did not even bother to call me about it. After all I was just "nobody".

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
5  Thank DiplTraveller
KHL1856, General Manager at Kastens Hotel Luisenhof, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much that you spend your time to write us an evaluation. We really regret that the rooms did not meet your expectations and you did not feel comfortable. Besides we apologize that our staff give the impression that there is a difference between our guests however it is not the case.

We are very sorry that we didn’t call you to inform you about the USB cable. Please get in contact with us and we will send you the cable.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

This is my favourite hotel in Hanover. Typical old German management every thing just very effecting.
It has a fine Bar with a great resturant.the breakfast is outstanding.
The beauty of this hotel is the location. Walking distance from the main retail way station,and in Center of town.
It is wroth the money.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
KHL1856, General Manager at Kastens Hotel Luisenhof, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

Dear Mohammed,

Thank you very much for such a good evaluation. It is great that we are your favourite hotel in Hanover and that you like the central location. Besides we are glad that you were satisfied with the MARY’s restaurant, the Leos bar and the outstanding breakfast.

We are looking forward to your next stay in Hanover.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2017

I stay here each time I am in Hannover, as I know it and it is very handy for the train station. It is expensive though, and although it is comfortable and friendly and helpful, I think that some of the rates are high for what you get; it is perhaps not as lavish as it appears or the bill suggests. Still my go-to place but the price will make me shop around a little bit next time I go to Hannover.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
KHL1856, General Manager at Kastens Hotel Luisenhof, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Dear bob_the_moo,

Thank you very much that you spend your time to write us an evaluation. It is great that you like the central location and the friendly service of our staff. However we regret that you think the rates are too high for what you get.

Nevertheless, we hope to welcome you again in Kastens Hotel Luisenhof.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

We spent a couple of nights in this hotel at the start of a longer holiday taking us to different parts of Germany.
I found Kastens Hotel Luisenhof a bit of an enigma. It has a 5 star rating and friends living locally told us it was the best hotel in Hannover, but it was a little unclear what gave it that 5th star. Our room was large enough, the bed comfortable and everything worked. We had a pleasant view from our window of the rear of the Opera House and the room was peaceful. There were seating area on the ground floor of the hotel, where we were able to meet and chat to our friends. Waiters (from the bar area) were attentive, but not overly so. The breakfast room was dignified with good selection of food choices. But somehow the hotel did not quite feel like a 5 star establishment - more like a good 4 star.
Having said that. The location is very good. A couple of minutes walk from the main station and Straßenbahn, a few minutes walk in another direction to the main shopping area and only 10-15 minutes stroll to the old town.
Pleasant enough, but...

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
KHL1856, General Manager at Kastens Hotel Luisenhof, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Dear lizith,

Thank you very much that you spend your time to write us an evaluation. It is great that you like central location in the heart of Hanover. Besides we are glad that you are satisfied with the rooms and the breakfast with the good selection of food choices. However we regret that it did not feel like a 5 star hotel for you.

Nevertheless, we hope to welcome you again to convince you of the Kastens Hotel Luisenhof.