“Certainly not bad, just need to sort the internet out...”

Best Western Premier Parkhotel Kronsberg
Ranked #17 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights during CeBIT which was really easy to get to (10 minute walk maximum). I arrived with my work colleague at 12:00 so we were 2 hours early to check in - one room was ready and the receptionist said she would get a phone call in a few minutes as to whether the other room was ready.

My colleague took the first room and I waited... and waited.. and waited. After 15 minutes I approached the desk again to be told yes, the room was ready - I think she forgot about me!

The room itself was huge and very clean - the complimentary water, beer and crisps were a nice touch. There was a separate closet, bath and shower and the whole room was furnished to a high standard.

I slept incredibly well as the bed was extremely comfortable and it was really quiet despite being the closest room to the lift - I didn't have breakfast in the restaurant so can't comment about that, however the cocktails in the bar were really, really good and the bar tender was polite and attentive so would definitely recommend a Singapore Sling or Vanilla Sky!

My biggest bugbear was the internet - It was very slow (not high speed like suggested) and my phone was not able to connect to the WIFI at all. I'm not sure if there's a one device per room rule, however it was slightly frustrating having to boot my laptop up when I just wanted to check for new email.

The hotel is a fair distance from the centre of town and the airport. It was 69 EUR to the hotel from the airport in a taxi and between 25 EUR and 30 EUR to get a taxi into town and the same back again - apparently the train is 5 EUR and is very close to the hotel, so if you're doing Hannover on a budget, I'd certainly recommend that option.

If you're not worried about the internet and happy to take public transport into the centre or get an expensive taxi then I would certainly recommend this hotel - It's comfy, quiet and safe so ticks a lot of the things I like - I would have just liked to work from my hotel room and upload various files quickly, not wait for 5 minutes each time :-)

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet and comfy
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
BW_Parkhotel, Geschäftsführer at Best Western Premier Parkhotel Kronsberg, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for friendly review on TripAdvisor.com.

We are happy to read that you felt very comfortable and had a good stay at our hotel.

Your opinion is very important to us and we appreciate your honest feedback and will also pass it to our employees.

We are really sorry to hear that you had problems with our free internet. Due to the fact of a high access on the internet, it might can lead to delays sometimes. We already informed our Technical department and they will look after a quick solution.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Family Bock -Hotelmanagement-

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The room I was in was quite big for one person. I was staying in the side building. The rooms might be a bit more sound proof as I could hear other guests that were staying there and guests walking the corridor. I did not comment about it as I sleep through every thing. I heard it when I was reading before getting to sleep. It did not bother me at all, just a comment for those who are more sensitive for sounds.

The whole hotel was clean, comfortable and all the staff I met was polite and the serving staff at the bar at breakfast and one of the restaurants were very friendly and made you feel very welcome. I did not eat at all the restaurants, so I can not speek for them all. The food in the evenings that I ate there was great and you had a good selection of food and drinks on the breakfast buffet.

The swimming pool I used on the last day was exquisite and I was the only one there which made it even better. It was great for relaxation after a long weekend at the Messe. The Messe grounds are easy to reach as there is a walk over bridge to cross the highway. I will book this hotel again without a doubt and if this sets the standard I will book Best Western´s in general I would say. Good job and thank you!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Frida S
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I only used the restaurant in this hotel as an change to the Radisson Blu where I was staying as the area has no/few alternatives.
The meal was good although restaurant was almost empty and service was slow due to a lack of staff.
I also experienced the conference facility at this hotel. These were very impressive.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We are currently staying at the hotel and it's lovely...the bar is really nice and the rooms are immaculate. The only problem we're having is they keep forgetting to leave milk and tea bags in the morning. Its really expensive to stay here during cebit and I would have thought they would replenish these. Other than that it is lovely and I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
BW_Parkhotel, Geschäftsleitung at Best Western Premier Parkhotel Kronsberg, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Paula,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Coffee and tea making facilities in our guest rooms are free of charge and we are really sorry for any inconvenience with the not refilled tea bags und milk.

Your feedback is very important to us. We have discussed it with our relevant departments to improve our service.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again in order to another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If we can provide any assistance please don't hesitate to contact us directly at + 49 (0) 511 87400.

Yours sincerely,

Ferdinand Bock
-General Manager-

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The hotel is very good. Perfect location - next to TUI Arena and 5 min. walk to Deutsche Messe. The rooms are big, with seperate bath and WC. For my 4 nights stay never heard any disturbing noise. There is free internet connection with normal speed. Brekfast is good. The restaurants (2 in the building) are with tiny menu but well selected, properly prepared and well served.
There is an additional building with extra rooms but you have to go cross outside in order to use hotel facilities. It is a bit unconfortable.
The hotel has a swimming pool. In addition they say there is fitness. The truth is there are 2 cardio TechnoGym machines. This was the only bad surprise.
For business people this is the perfect fair hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip in Sept 2012. Had a twin room sharing with colleague.
Big rooms, could almost call it a suite.
Big bathrooms.
Didn't realise smoking was still permitted in designated rooms and unfortunately we (both ex smokers) got a smoking room which was a bit stinky but we just put up with it.
Staff all very friendly. The bar was lacking a good selection of drinks but it sufficed. The girls working in the bar had amazing customer service and even with a packed overflowing bar area for 3 days running we still managed to get table service from them. Well done girls!
Breakfast great selection.
Overall an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2012

What a nice hotel, I've stayed at many Best Westerns but this is the best hands down with a friendly staff ,then after taking the wood trimmed and marbled floor elevator I walked down the beautiful hallway with a great carpet color scheme then into my room which was well designed and has the look of a suite which is always a welcome sight, the bed was comfy and a small room in which to store your luggage. The bathroom was nice with a good shower and a bathtub with the toilet on the other side of the room. Breakfast was good, I'm not sure of the cost but wifi is free yes free which is rare in Europe, my only problem was it was just for one night!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business